Es 330! Wtf!

lexus_AJ

AJ,

Simmmmmer down kid! :lol:

Bigger moter, better tranny, and a few other upgrades. Such as 30 more units added to the name!!! That's worth at LEAST $2k. :lol:

Oh, yeah, and these features:

ES 330 (Preliminary)

* New 3.3L V6 E/G (3MZ-FE)

* 225hp @ 5600rpm

* 240lb-ft @ 3600rpm

* ULEV-II classification

* 10.8:1 compression ratio

* 7.2sec 0-60mph

* 15.5sec 1/4 mile

* est. 20/29 city/hwy mpg rating

* Revised 5-Speed Automatic Transmission

* Wider gear ratios aid acceleration and mpg

* Better hydraulic pressure control for smoother, more responsive shifts

* Improved grade logic

* Memory Feature Now Available for Power Adjustable Pedals

* Gen 4 NAV

* The optional NAV is a new, improved 4th generation system with better graphics and some new functionality (such as phone number-based address location and building footprint display)

* Power Lumbar Availability for Front Passenger Seat

* Passenger seat power lumbar now included w/ power seat option

* New Upper Hinge for Front Headrests

* Allows lower portion of headrest to swivel towards occupant for larger support area and a better, more comfortable occupant fit

* Modified Exterior/Interior Combination Availability

* Due to complexity reduction, some combinations are no longer available:

* Alabaster Metallic no longer available w/ Black fabric

* Starlight Pearl is now only available with Ivory leather

* Blue Onyx Pearl has no fabric availability

* Black Garnet Pearl no longer available w/ Light Charcoal leather or Black fabric

* Black Onyx no longer available w/ Ivory fabric

* Larger Side Airbags

* Increased size provides significantly larger protection area (includes

torso)

* Occupant Classification System

* Adopted for passenger seat with 3 deployment options (OFF/Low/High)

CHEERS!

:cheers:

Yes it does look like the car will come down in price $1500, because leather seating and the memory system will now be standard, with the standard price being the same. So you're getting $1500 or so of stuff for free.

There are to be no styling or color changes whatsoever.

If you get an ES330 badge, nobody'd be the wiser.

Looks like the only physical changes are to the navigation surround to hold the new functions, and the satillite radio. Kind of irritates me because I really would have liked satellite radio and its hard to install aftermarket on the Lexus. The new nav looks pretty neat, looks just like mine with different color buttons. They moved the Map/Dest/Menu buttons on the actual surround making a larger map, which is nice. Who knows, maybe the unit can be installed in the 300...

As for the pricing, looks like a car equipped like mine now MSRP's for $37,961 while mine MSRP'd for $39,671, a general decrease of $1710 which is substantial. Still if you want the best deal now the thing to do is to buy the 03. Even with the price decrease you're not going to be able to touch a 330 for the same dollar amount as a 300. They're selling nav/levs right now for as little as $34k, the most you'll get off the new one before December is $1500 or so.

So all in all, only thing I'd want is the satellite radio.

Steve,

With the changes in equipment (which are significant to me) and list pricing, I'm going to wait for the December sale. I'm leaning towards "Mystic Gold Metallic." Initially, I wanted "Black Garnet Pearl," but didn't like it as much up close. Also, the gold will probably show less of the pollin for which Washington is famous. My current Saab is black/tan interior, and its always possible I will replicate that choice.

"My only regret" is the lack of radio controls on the wheels. Oh, well, I'll just have to live with it. However, I'd be willing to bet that the 05 model comes with that change. I'll let you know my impressions of my test drive of the 04, which I anticipate will be favorable.

:snoooorrrtttt: Jeff

Lexus does a sales event called "December to Remember" that always has great deals. I'm sure you've seen the commercials, dogs bringing people Lexus keys and such lol.

You'll get an awesome deal then!

As for the gold, I dislike gold cars but for some reason it looks good on the ES.

I looked for the 2004 Camrys. The only one to have the 3.3 engine is the SE. It's not even an option on the other Camry V6s.

The Avalon doesn't get it, but all the Solaras have it as an option.

Strange.

interesting tibbit carried over from CL. The NAV system software in the 02/03 cannot be upgraded to that of the 04 ES330. The nav system in the 02/03 was from NavTech. The 04 is from GTB. That is why there are buttons and sat. radio too.

I will be patiently awaiting to see if the tranny problem (sorry..."concern") still exists in the 04.

Interesting too the 04 ES has 5 more hp than the GS300.

steviej