Boost For Is300

Ok..... I'm new at the forum thing so please be patient, I own a 02' is300, I was wanting to boost it, but i don't want to get into any internal building, so I was wondering if anyone (from experience) would know how much boost my stock motor and tranny can handle. Before i have to do bigger moderations. I will say now though that the tranny is automatic.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

please guys, i really need some help on this, any information is appreciated

I beleive I read that the l6 can be boosted to around 340hp without any internal work, The tranny will take it as well with a cooler. What boost are you considering turbo, sc ?

There really is no "safe level" of boost.

you just need to find out how much boost you can run with 93 octane for the compression level your motor has and make sure it's tuned rich enough for the occasion bad tank of gas you will get from the pump.

No matter how much "safe boost" you have it only takes a little bit of detonation for the "boom."

• 2 weeks later...
please guys, i really need some help on this, any information is appreciated

I beleive I read that the l6 can be boosted to around 340hp without any internal work, The tranny will take it as well with a cooler. What boost are you considering turbo, sc ?

i want to turbo it but why not use the trubo part from a turbo supra motor????

• 1 month later...

Your IS engine isn't the same as a supra engine, so no you can't just throw a manifold and turbo from a supra on your IS. The supra manifold won't even bolt up on your IS. You can swap your GE with a GTE and have a boosted car but you will need to do a lot of research.

• 1 month later...
Reference: Newbie Forced Induction Information

http://my.is/forums/go-faster/240227-refer...nformation.html

the site is no longer uin use any other sites that wouls help??? any help at all is greatly appreciated

The URL's were recently changed. Here's the go faster (boosted) forums.

http://my.is/forums/f114/

Thanx for the new link