Climate Control Off - Engines Dies?

Climate Control Off - Engines Dies? Restarts no problem. Anyone else experience this and other than not turning the climate control off in traffic, is there a fix? 95 SC400

I just bought a 95 a couple of months ago and I have the same thing. Everything else works. Lets talk... It is annoying, I have had to put the car in N and start it even at +50 Mph. The power steering gets real tough when the car is moving and the engine is dead. I read the owners manual on this and it says to pull over and restart, It doesn't say I can restart in nuetral while moving, but I have. I want to get this taken care of . Other than that, I am learning to just let the climate control run on Auto as it does very well, and let the A/c be on... Oh well, I think it may be engine gunk or other reversible engine clogging at low idle. Charlie.

I've tried a search of other forums but couldn't find any info. That doesn't mean anything though, I searched this forum for my own post and couldn't find it.

I will be taking my care in for routine maintenance of for A/C system at the dealers and ask them when I'm there. It's going to be a couple of weeks though.

The problem lies with your idle... if its idling low, try cleaning out the throttle body unit with some throttle body cleaner. The reason why it stays on with the ac on is because the ecu compensates for the parasitic drag of the compressor by bringing up the idle just a tad, which is keeping your engine from dying.

clean out the trottle body

make sure power steering fluid is topped off

if this doesn't help the low idle, take it in for a check up

a dirty or clogged throttle body will cause the engine to choke out and die when you take your foot off the gas pedal, not to mention cause poor idling and hard starting

hope this helps

• 3 months later...

Just a new update on this, it may be related or not. Now the lighter fuse is blowing almost immediately upon changing it. I'm going to do a quick search but will probably take it to the shop ASAP (I don't like being in a sauna in heavy traffic) and will post up what they did.