Es 350 Vs Gs 350

I can't decide which one I should buy, ES 350 Or GS350?

price is about 7k difference with similair options. I mean I can afford to pay extra 7K to get GS350. But does it worth to do? Any comments?

Thanks

Of course it's a matter of personal preference but the big difference is that the GS is going to be either RWD or AWD. The 3 cars I had before my GS were all FWD so I was a bit apprehensive going to a RWD. Now, I'd never go back. And remember, I live in New York where traction counts at least 4 months out of the year. For performance, the handling of a RWD is far superior to a FWD. There's a reason that nearly all of your top end luxery cars, sports cars, and cop cars are RWD. They handle so much better. But while RWD rewards a good driver, it punishes a bad driver. Too many punks think that being a good driver means you can steer a car and push hard on the accelorator. It's all about being intelligent and knowing the limits of your car. Do the test drives but in a nutshell I would say that if you want to hop in, sit back, push the gas and go, the ES is a great car. If you want to be more actively involved in the handling of the car, the GS is awesome. You really can't go wrong.

Hope this helped.

very well put. There is a reason there is no front wheel drive cars in Nascar. If you can afford and can live with the differences in interior room the GS is a more rewarding car.

My preferance would be the gs450h, The IS is too small for me. If I were to upgrade I would get a 2002+ LS. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

price is about 7k difference with similair options. I mean I can afford to pay extra 7K to get GS350. But does it worth to do? Any comments?

Thanks

ES is bigger inside, quite a bit. It's not as stylish but if you are a big guy or if you frequently have full size adults in the back seat the ES might be a better choice. I'm 6'1" and 300lbs so an adult sitting behind me in my GS is not happy. When I get a loaner it's usually an ES and there is plenty of room behind me. I think the ES has a better driving position as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks

I was looking to buy a Lexus last Nov. It was difficult to make a decision but one thing I noticed when I test drove the ES vs GS, the ES (that has front wheel drive) has the same engine (350) as the GS, but it's geared differently. The GS has rear wheel drive and when accelerating, the GS has more get up and go vs the ES.

When I was test driving the GS from a on ramp to a highway, it was easier to push the engine to get up to speed and merge. The ES was a little less responsive. As I drive a lot of highway miles, that pushed me towards the GS350.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

For me really the choice was easy, i did not find the GS to be appealing at all, the interior is not as luxurious as the ES, not as practical as the ES and the rear as well as front spaces is too tight for me. The driving position as well was not very comfortable as i test drove both cars and found the ES to be my choice, i am 6'1 feet, so for me in the GS there would be virtually no space for the rear passenger but with the ES, there is plenty to go around.

I also found the ES to have a more luxurious stance than the GS which had a more sport oriented stance, lets not forget the panoramic roof on the ES which gives it a very sexy look.

For those who mention handling on a rear wheel drive is better than FWD, i dont know about you guys, but i dont drive like a lunatic on turns or curves, i drive a car with respect, so wether it was FWD or RWD does not matter as i am not going to be driving it through cones or going from 0-100 only to brake back to 0 again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I was looking to buy a Lexus last Nov. It was difficult to make a decision but one thing I noticed when I test drove the ES vs GS, the ES (that has front wheel drive) has the same engine (350) as the GS, but it's geared differently. The GS has rear wheel drive and when accelerating, the GS has more get up and go vs the ES.

When I was test driving the GS from a on ramp to a highway, it was easier to push the engine to get up to speed and merge. The ES was a little less responsive. As I drive a lot of highway miles, that pushed me towards the GS350.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

I have an 07 GS350 AWD and the passing power is awesome and I have yet to really push the car. Merging on a highway ramp is effortless, well worth it. The GS comes with bigger tires & high friction front brakes for more sporty performance. The ES is nothing but a luxury version of Toyota Camry. The ES has a cushier ride vs. GS sporty stiffer ride.