Plastic Power Seat Protector

I discovered today that one of my passengers must have unknowingly damaged the plastic seat control protector in the front passenger's seat. Do any of you know what this piece is called or where I can order one? The plastic literally cracked and broke loose from the underside of the seat and I will have to replace the entire piece. :cries:

Chad,

The part you are talking about is a seat cushion shield...

i sort of have the same problem, mine isnt broken, just the clip wont hold the shield to the seat anymore...

since we both have a 97, if you have the factory service manuals downloaded, go to the body guide, then go to pages 77-84

When I had my '01, the seat control shield was broken so I ordered a new one from the local Lexus dealership for around $55, and it's pretty easy to install yourself in a few minutes. Not possible to find a cheaper price than that since this is not a common wear item ordered from Lexus.

• 5 weeks later...

I just called my Lexus dealership and they quoted me at over $80 for the part. Lexusk8, I know you had mentioned that it was around $55. Do you know if I can find it for that price anywhere else? Do dealerships vary that much in price? I just hate to pay $80 for a piece of plastic.

EDIT: Never mind... I decided I'd try to glue the piece and, voila, it worked! Saves me 80 bucks!