Front Fender Grill

Looking into changing the front fenders black plastic grill, to a chrome honeycomb pattern. Is this possible? I’ll take a peek under the front bump, this holiday weekend to see how involved my project might be. I own a 1995 SC400; any suggestions are appreciated. THANKS!

I have a 92, and the grill is painted. I believe 95 has 3 thin black strips across. If I really wanted to do a good job, I would get a Lexus Body repair manual and take that bumper off. The problem is that is going to take a long, long time. My older brother had a 94 Nissan Pathfinder and he went to a hardware store and he bought some wire mesh honeycomb thingy (he called it chicken wire). He folded the wire to make a rectangular prism and it just fit right in.

there are many places that make a very good aluminum grill to be custom made to any car in sheets

it is usually anodized chome or a colour

looks much better than chicken wire or the crappy cement wire that looks similar

do an sc right and get the best possible

find a local performace shop or ask at pep boys for it

• 2 weeks later...

well no digital camera yet :unsure: but i will have someone take pics soon. I got the mesh from home depot it comes in a roll and was black before i painted it. the are grills on ebay right now for sale for very cheap if you dont want the hassle of what i did im sure they are better too. I didn't take the bumper off i just used zip ties to hold it in. Like i said a very ghetto or quick slapped together job, but im proud of it :D

here is the link to the ebay auction if you want that instead. I'll try to post pics as soom as i can mesh