Regular Oil With Bg Moa Vs Mobile One

yaupoman

BG stands for BG Products, Inc. A company out of Wichita, KS. I don't know what MOA stands for. It is a 11 oz can of stuff that you add to the old. Supposedly, it will keep the engine clean by preventing deposit build-up in critical areas of the engine. Costs $12. Thanks for checking.

I have used Castrol oil for the last 20 years in all my cars and followed the manufacturers service intervals.

These cars, Honda Accords, Acura Integra, Lexus's(ES250,ES300),Cadillacs, etc. have never burned any oil between oil & filter changes and these cars traveled more than 150K miles each. I never had problems with hydraulic lifters in the Cadillac engines. As far as I'm concerned the most important thing to keep an engine running great is to follow the proper service intervals with the best quality oil. I never had the need to use synthetic oil in any of my vehicles.

Alan, I can't agree with you more.

I personally use synthetic only for the longer change interval and because synthetic stays more liquid at colder temps. Something I have to think about on those cold winter start ups.

Anyone see the 2004 Farmers Almanac? Supposedly we are in for a snow filled frigid winter. Don't mind me, I am a New England yankee and we think like this. Typically we complain about something before it happens.

Stick with the mobil 1 or the oil of your choice. Just buy it when it is on sale. Don't add anything to it, just change it and the filter regularly. At least onece a week, get some highway miles in there, at least 60 mph for 30-60 minutes at least once per week.

And, yes, you can switch back and forth. The myth about once you go synthetic you can't go back it total bs. Try each if you want and see which you feel better with. Then run with that one for the life. You be your own judge.

steviej

Alan, I can't agree with you more.

I personally use synthetic only for the longer change interval and because synthetic stays more liquid at colder temps. Something I have to think about on those cold winter start ups.

Anyone see the 2004 Farmers Almanac. Supposedly we are in for a snow filled frigid winter. Don;t mind me, I am a New England Yankee and we think like this. Typically we complain about something before it happens.

Stick with the mobil 1 or the oil of your choice. Just buy it when it is on sale. Don't add anything to it, just change it and the filter regularly. At least onece a week, get some highway miles in there, at least 60 mph for 30-60 minutes at least once per week.

steviej

i know exactly what you mean by snow!

im in philly and we got pounded last year with that big storm if you remember.

i think 22 inches?i forget but i know it was ALOT!i sure hope its not as bad this year!

Thank you gentlemen. I guess I am overreacting. I had a 94 Camry XLE V6 and I still have a Carmy SE V6 and I didn't think much about the oil. Now I got the Lexus which is almost like the V6s and I am going nuts. Got to take a chill pill.