Hands Free Question

kwil38

Hi all, My wife and I just purchased an ES350 on Saturday and are loving it!

I have a question about the Bluetooth feature. Is it possible to store/upload a person's name so that when they call the name is displayed on the radio instead of the number?

Yes. If you upload the person's number into the car's address book from your phone complete with the name it will display the name when the person calls.

How to do that depends on your phone, what kind of phone and carrier do you have?

• 1 month later...

I have A900 phone with Sprint , Lexus ES350.

I uploaded my phone contacts into lexus phone book.

When somebody calling I do not see CallerID on navigation screen.

I can call, accept calls,but caller id does not appear.

Any idea's?

Thanks

I put info as well.

I have A900 Sprint phone and navigation does not show called id when somebody calling...

I can make a call by name...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any idea's?

Thanks

Did you have to upload manually? I too have an A900 with Sprint.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Any idea's?

Thanks

Did you have to upload manually? I too have an A900 with Sprint.

Thanks

Manually. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I'm having a little trouble navigating (no pun) this forum.

Unfortunately the A900 will not show caller id on the screen

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/brands/.../213_05Navi.pdf

Thanks for your reply and I apologize for my late response. The site you sent me also solves another mysterious problem that just occurred. I.e., while driving between Kerrville and Fredericksburg we began getting incoming unsupported calls which couldn't be answered through the hands free system. In fact the steering wheel hangup button wouldn't shut it off, only the screen hangup icon. Then the cycle would start again, repeatedly. We noticed we were in a roaming area, which was mentioned as a problem for the A900 in the site you recommended.

As we are in the process of selecting a new cell phone and new service provider it would be very helpful to have access to the pertinent cell phone review sites, such as the one you recommended, in order to determine compatibility with Lexus BlueTooth. Does anyone know how to obtain such information?

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately the A900 will not show caller id on the screen

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/brands/.../213_05Navi.pdf

Thanks for your reply and I apologize for my late response. The site you sent me also solves another mysterious problem that just occurred. I.e., while driving between Kerrville and Fredericksburg we began getting incoming unsupported calls which couldn't be answered through the hands free system. In fact the steering wheel hangup button wouldn't shut it off, only the screen hangup icon. Then the cycle would start again, repeatedly. We noticed we were in a roaming area, which was mentioned as a problem for the A900 in the site you recommended.

As we are in the process of selecting a new cell phone and new service provider it would be very helpful to have access to the pertinent cell phone review sites, such as the one you recommended, in order to determine compatibility with Lexus BlueTooth. Does anyone know how to obtain such information?

sorry for late response.

As I figured out problem not in a Lexus bluetooth, problem in cell phone bluetooth.

A900 does not send caller id with bluetooth.

There are some updates lie zb12 firmware , byt nobody can confirm if it resolves this problem

I have a900 and es350 and have the same problem - can not see caller id on navigation screen