Ls Navigation -- Call For A Class Action?

:angry: on top of all those issues I have to press "I agree" on my 2007. This was fixed on the 2008 but Lexus has not given 2007 owners a fix. My third Lexus & this is the first REALLY poor issue I've encountered. I think I'll look at other cars makes if Lexus is not going to be more responsive.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry: on top of all those issues I have to press "I agree" on my 2007. This was fixed on the 2008 but Lexus has not given 2007 owners a fix. My third Lexus & this is the first REALLY poor issue I've encountered. I think I'll look at other cars makes if Lexus is not going to be more responsive.

Sounds like you have the 7.0 ver. of navigation. As SW03ES stated, the latest navigation (or even the 7.1 if still available at a bargain price) update will bypass the "I Agree" for you. I have spoken to a few LS owners and suggested them to speak to their dealership on cover the upgrade under "Goodwill". If you have a good relationship with the service consultant/manager. This can be easily achieved w/o spending any money. However, there are some dealerships that will not offer this even if you file a formal complaint with Lexus Corp. So give it a shot and you may be able to get it done w/o spending a dime. As to the lock-outs, I believe others have spent enough time discussing this along with the aftermarket solution.

• 2 months later...

I most likely am going to purchase a 2007 LS460....

I knew about the Nav lockout ( which sucks, but I can live with it..)

I didn't know about the audio system lockout.....

What exactly is locked out in regards to the audio system.....

It has the ML system.... if that matters....

Is anything else locked out ?

Thanks for the help...

Shelly

Thanks for the help...

Shelly

How bout a little help here ???

Thanks for the help...

Shelly

Shelly,

the common audio system lockout is referring to the DVD playback capability when you have the ML system. With the ML system you are able to watch DVD movie when the car is in the Park position and emergency brake engaged. Once you disengaged the e-brake the system locks the video portion of the DVD. Hence, you have a black screen while the audio of the DVD movie continue to play.

Another limitation is the ability to browse music folder list (if you have a MP3 disc playing) or the folder list on your HDD.

hope this helps.

Iasked if the newest software update would remove the I agree prompt and was told that the new software does not fix this , that you have to have the new OS and that cannot be replaced at least in the 2007 model

• 4 weeks later...

There is a way to unlock the Nav lockout. As this is only a software program which is restricting the use, I was doing some research on this thru the contents on the HDD Software control, I believe the .KWI structure file is what controls the nav lock out procedure, To edit this structure XML file you need to clone the software and build one editing the command structure of the lockout. There is code which once you have inputted in the command structure, All that happens is when in Drive mode when the command is given for change on the nav screen while in drive, the instruction is taken and the screen change happens. I havent tried myself, but i do have my own friends who have done this nav lock solution. The one i have seen personally is on the Sequioa was copied the Loading.Kwi file structure from the old version Nav DVD and the rest completely from the new version. It worked perfectly. Now while in motion his partner (wife) can make calls, switch screens and loads of stuff.