Opinions Please Es250 1993

While most of the discussions on the forum relate to 1vz or 3vz engine what about the 4vz-fe. Same body, same interior and with all the bells and whistles of the es300 mine is the 1993 es250 which is the 2.4 v6 version. This is the Toyota Windom version, a used import from Japan. Now travelled 163,000 ks. I seem to have non of the problems of overheating, head gaskets etc. In fact no problems at all other than the dreaded needles which I replaced some weeks ago. So is this engine less troublesome than the es 300 or am I just lucky. I watch the forum with interest. I might be on the otherside of the world but the discussions are interesting.

The 4vz-fe is a 3vz-fe that has been destroked to 2.5L. It is subject to all common Toyota failures. Including the weak pre multi-layer steel headgaskets that will blow quickly once you overheat the engine & warp the heads.

well now that you have said that you have had no problems, you are soon to have many, that engine may in general have fewer problems, but the 3.0 has been around a lot longer, i have a 94 ES300, and so far it has been the car of my dreams, no problems, no squeaks, nothen. i can only hope that it keeps on going

The 4vz-fe is a 3vz-fe that has been destroked to 2.5L. It is subject to all common Toyota failures. Including the weak pre multi-layer steel headgaskets that will blow quickly once you overheat the engine & warp the heads.

Can I assume then that the gearbox is the same as the 3vz-fe and all the electrics