• 2004 GX470
    • 2005 GX470
    • 2006 GX470
    • 2007 GX470
    • 2008 GX470
    • 2009 GX470
    • 2010 GX460
    • 2011 GX460

Knights Armour Gray. Not really sure how to describe its color other than to say its not quite a puter, not really a dark (or light) gray for that matter. We traded our '05 4Runner which I loved for this '10. It lives up to the Lexus standard of luxury; however, I've been extremely disappointed in its get-up-and-go. We'd planned to get the redesigned 4Runner, but didn't like its cheeziness that it has turned to. We were already Lexus owners (have an '08 LS) and liked the fact that it came with a V-8 engine. Still I fine it very sluggish and often have to down shift to get the desired burst of power on the highway. Recently the Lexus service manager asked me how I liked the vehicle, and my response was, "I wouldn't buy anther." He also informed me that the redesigned GX isn't doing well with sales. Hmmm... I wonder why. With only 30K miles on it, its questionable how long we'll be keeping it.

• 4 years later...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Mine is 2021 GX 460, Premium + package.  Anyway as you can see on these photos, the challenge I have is how to route these two connecting wires (AWG 10) from the rooftop-mounted solar panel to my DC generator without drilling through the window, hatch, roof rack, etc.  One option I'd like to consider is to run the cable through one of the fasteners for the roof rack but looks like the wires are too big for the hole.  Anyone within the group installed a onboard solar system?  Aims 1500 watts power converter, Victron MPPT 100/20 charger/controller,.Victron BMV 712 voltage monitor, 100AH Battleborn battery, Renogy 100 watt solar panel, 

IMG_2097.JPG

IMG_2098.JPG

IMG_2099.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...