460 Original Equipment Tires

• 10 months later...

I replaced my Turanza EL42s with Michelins (on my new LS460) after 10,000 miles.

Night and day difference.

Try it.

If he is going to have a winter and summer set then he should get the best possible summer tire available . To me that is the Toyo T1-R . It is leap and bounds beyond any other tire i have driven.

Thanks for the tip on that. My advice for him on this one is at least to have the Lexus dealer put on a better set of A/S's before he replaces them himself.

Still curious if others have been given Turanza EL42's.

Jeff

Ditto on the Turanza EL42 as I have them and they are harsher than my Michelens on my old 02 430. Avoided a little dog the other day and the car slid like a sled. Look forward to replacing them.

I was wondering what tires came with your LS460, and whether you are happy with them.

Jeff

My '08 came with Bridgestone Touranza's. They handle OK and seem fairly quiet, but with only 2K on the car so far too early to tell. The car did have the "20,000" mile disclaimer on the windshield sticker though. Kind of underwhelming for an outfit like Lexus. Oh well, what do you expect for $70+K?

<_<

Whit

I was wondering what tires came with your LS460, and whether you are happy with them.

Jeff

My '08 came with Bridgestone Touranza's. They handle OK and seem fairly quiet, but with only 2K on the car so far too early to tell. The car did have the "20,000" mile disclaimer on the windshield sticker though. Kind of underwhelming for an outfit like Lexus. Oh well, what do you expect for $70+K?

<_<

Whit

Yes, they are just barely okay, but a far cry from the Michelins. They feel like balloons over certain terrain, you know that "boing" sound. I'll let some air out and see. Yes, "*BLEEP*ey" for a 74k auto. Softer ride and lower fuel mileage, lower miles, by lowering the pressure. Why? Lexus, check on your tire recommendation engineers and lose Bridgestone. :wacko:

Yes, they are just barely okay, but a far cry from the Michelins. They feel like balloons over certain terrain, you know that "boing" sound. I'll let some air out and see. Yes, "*BLEEP*ey" for a 74k auto. Softer ride and lower fuel mileage, lower miles, by lowering the pressure. Why? Lexus, check on your tire recommendation engineers and lose Bridgestone. :wacko:

Don't damn Bridgestone. Try their Turanza with serenity ZR 235-50. I think it's a great touring tire.