2006 Ls430

LMS Teacher

I don't have the tire pressure monitoring system in my LS430, but two days ago, I drove the car and noticed it pulling to the right. I commented to my wife that her front right tire must be low. Just about then, a warning light came on which read low tire pressure. I checked the tires when I got home, and three had 32-33 lbs and the right front had 20 lbs. So I added air to it, but the message did not go out.

So I got out the book, and it describes how to initialize the tires, but upon inspection, I don't think I have that system, because I have no reset button down under and to the left of the steering wheel. So I thumbed through the book, and it says to add air to the tire, but not how to reset the warning light. So I sent my wife off on a trip about 100 miles away, hoping it will reset itself.

So if it does not, how do I do it without taking it into the dealer??

I don't have the tire pressure monitoring system in my LS430, but two days ago, I drove the car and noticed it pulling to the right. I commented to my wife that her front right tire must be low. Just about then, a warning light came on which read low tire pressure. I checked the tires when I got home, and three had 32-33 lbs and the right front had 20 lbs. So I added air to it, but the message did not go out.

So I got out the book, and it describes how to initialize the tires, but upon inspection, I don't think I have that system, because I have no reset button down under and to the left of the steering wheel. So I thumbed through the book, and it says to add air to the tire, but not how to reset the warning light. So I sent my wife off on a trip about 100 miles away, hoping it will reset itself.

open the battery cables and leave it for over night .. then put it back on and see if its reset or not .. one more thing ... check ur back tire/the one in the trunk makesure .. it has air too ok ... good luck !

You DO have the system. The push button for the reset is on the right of the steering wheel. The manual pic is not clear on this. You may need a flashlite to see it since it is above the footwell. There will be a knob that controls the warning beep volume and 2 pushbuttons. Follow the manual, but I think you turn the ignition swtch to "on" and hold the upper pushbutton in until "pressure initial" shows in the warning display area. It should also reset on its own, but it will take 100 miles of fairly steady driving to make it happen. It is easier to push the button!