New Problem With My Car. Suggestion Please!

Ok i went in this morning to have my Oil Change and my coolant flush. I own a 1994 Es 300 with a little over 198000 miles on it. Ok when i was at shop the man came up to me and said that showed me my Air Fliter and it has oil on about 10-20% of the Fliter. He said that oil is leaking on to the air fliter and that the Rings :huh: might need to be resealed. He said its minor now but if somthing isn't done soon i will be replacing the engine. So does any one know what he is talking about?? any suggestion will be helpful.

well....the engine does have almost 200k on it. I would just run it into the ground at this point and not worry too much unless it becomes a serious issue where it effects the car's drivability. Even if you get the "rings" replaced...who is to say something else wont go up in the engine or somewhere else on the car...

Sounds more like a load of crap to me. Get home & take the plus out & see how they look.

While you're at it do a compression check. That'll tell you about the rings & valve seat seal.

Worst case, put a new PCV valve in it.

Thanks everyone for there Input about my car, Im going to try those ideas Toysrme and no Lacebug Sydney im not Shayam :huh: I just purchase this car about a month ago cheap about thirty-three hundred dollars and I replace the windshield and put a new set of tires on it and put a third-brake light in, and when i was getting my oil change and a coolant flush, that guy told me that. And i was like (what? the car runs good) but the check engine light is on (but i know that got to do with the emission) I hope? :unsure:

I read on this site that you can reset it by removing a battery cable? so im going to try that and see does it come on again? If it does then i will try to clean the egr valve and hopefully that will solve that.

Thanks again everyone

go to a autozone, pepboys or any autoparts shop. Most of them have the diagnostic hook-up unit. It will provide a code which will help you understand the problem. it may be a O2 sensor or something like that.