2008 Gx470 Changes?

MCF34

• 4 weeks later...
As mentioned before, expect changes in about the 2009 or late 2008

Whenever the redesign occurs, I'd like to see them integrate some of the LX570 design into a more refined/rounded design for a GX570 that isn't as menacing/aggressive as the LX design.

Well if Lexus decides to make the new GX more rounded and well-defined, it wouldn't look like an off-road machine. It would turn out to be, like G man said, another RX that looks like a crossover FX35!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
No and no. Very few changes to the GX. There working on 2 new SUV's a smaller RX to compete w/ the X3 and more of a cross over { wagon/truck} close to the GX and possibly replace the GX in the next few years.

Any changes expected for the 08 4Runner?

• 2 weeks later...
I heard the 08 will have 18" rims and more chrome, thats it.

Hi G Man,

I am waiting for 08 GX and curious to know about its changes. Just wanted to know where you got this information. Googled a lot but could not find anything. Thanks

• 1 month later...
I like the GX's aggressive design, otherwise it would be just another RX.

Amen to that!!

Also, I'm one of the few that likes the swing-out rear gate. I can stand on my bumper and access the inside of my roof-top box more easily than I could with a box on top of an RX.

• 1 month later...

Just got a Blizzard 2008 GX470--- love it, almost as much as my 2004 LS---

Best new feature (besides the free rear air upgrade)---Nav system has a splash screen with the standard warning that comes on for a few seconds, then disappears!!!!!--- no more nag screen! Woot!

Just got a Blizzard 2008 GX470--- love it, almost as much as my 2004 LS---

Best new feature (besides the free rear air upgrade)---Nav system has a splash screen with the standard warning that comes on for a few seconds, then disappears!!!!!--- no more nag screen! Woot!

I am considering 2008 as well. Did you see any other new changes?. Their web site is useless. I heard about changes to tail lights.

08 changes: Chrome exterior door handles, chrome speaker grill, chrome roof rack, $1000 off the 3rd seat option, brown walnut wood trim, liquid graphite rims and cleared rear signal lights. Thats all I can think of, I might have miss a few things, but overall, no major changes.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that they've rolled some of the interior changes from the LX570 into the new 2008 Highlander like the expanded 3rd row seating, the ability for the 2nd row to move front and back, and levers in the rear to retract the 2nd and 3rd rows. Would be nice to see a similar trickledown for the GX.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in the market for a 2009 GX...I've noticed that the 2008 LX was redesigned with push button start...does anyone know if that will be integrated into the 09 GX? Also, I'd also like to see the tape deck removed from the 09 GX...any inside scoop on any of this?

• 1 month later...
Just a guess, but I dont think we will see any major changes for the GX in 09 since a total resign is gear for 2010.

Just wondering if you have heard anything definitive for the the GX redesign? I'm about ready to buy a Gx470 '08 and wondering if I should wait for the '09 if they will be introducing the GX570?