Which Package Did You Get?

I am going to get an IS350 this weekend. I want the Navi and Mark Levinson. Would just like an input and what package did other IS owners got with the options I want. Have been debating whether to just get them as add-ons or package. Just want to see what most people get as well. Any suggestion and info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am going to get an IS350 this weekend. I want the Navi and Mark Levinson. Would just like an input and what package did other IS owners got with the options I want. Have been debating whether to just get them as add-ons or package. Just want to see what most people get as well. Any suggestion and info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I got a IS350 Premium package, it had the right amount of extra options for me.

First things first: Congratulations on getting an IS350.

You may have limited option choices based on availability. In 2006, all of the IS350’s in my area were almost fully loaded with NAV, ML, Luxury Package etc…

I do like the Luxury Package features. I bought an IS250 so I am more concerned about comfort then sport options. I special ordered my car to get the ML DVD radio and Dynamic Cruise. I am glad that I did. However both the dealer and I omitted the Park Assist feature by mistake. I was pretty disappointed when I found out about the error. But now I don’t mind not having the feature. Oh well.

I would not suggest going the special order route. I had to because I wanted many options that aren’t typically offered and I could wait. I had to shop for a dealer that would take special orders so it was a big pain.

First things first: Congratulations on getting an IS350.

You may have limited option choices based on availability. In 2006, all of the IS350’s in my area were almost fully loaded with NAV, ML, Luxury Package etc…

I do like the Luxury Package features. I bought an IS250 so I am more concerned about comfort then sport options. I special ordered my car to get the ML DVD radio and Dynamic Cruise. I am glad that I did. However both the dealer and I omitted the Park Assist feature by mistake. I was pretty disappointed when I found out about the error. But now I don’t mind not having the feature. Oh well.

I would not suggest going the special order route. I had to because I wanted many options that aren’t typically offered and I could wait. I had to shop for a dealer that would take special orders so it was a big pain.

Do you have to have the Parking Assist ordered with the car, or can you add it later at the dealership?

Do you have to have the Parking Assist ordered with the car, or can you add it later at the dealership?

I had many conversations with the dealershhip. The system is a Factory Installed Option (FIO) only. The feature is integrated into the software for the Navigation as well as the Instrument cluster. The dealer offered to installed an aftermarket system but I did not want to go that route.

It would be great if the original system was plug & play. Then the dealer could just get the hardware and install it. However I really would be concerned if they had two pull my car apart to do the work. I would end up with a squeak or ratter that would never go away. So I am better off to let it alone.

The matter is almost resolved. I have the dealer offering to apply the 3M clear bra for free.

Thanks for the input! I ended up getting the luxury package with the navi/mark levinson. It is a sweet ride! Although, I question the transmission; begins to rev up to more than 3000 rpm while going downhill? didn't happen in the other cars I've driven. Nonetheless, very smooth.

• 1 month later...
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up paying with the Luxury Package? I am looking to purchase one soon, and I really want to know what to fight for (as in out the door pricing).

Thanks

Drew

I just picked up the same car on Tuesday IS350 with LT (luxury pkg NAV & ML) car was $41,400, before all the other goodies.

You guys are lucky you can even get 350s, let alone ones with options. In the Lexus eastern sales region (Maine to Virginia), the IS350s only come in one configuration: luxury w/18in. wheels package. No ML available. No Dynamic Cruise. It sucks. Not every color is even available. I want a red one, but it only comes with black interior and there were only 100 of them made in 2007. Plus there are very few 350s up here due to the long cold/snow/ice season and the popularity of AWD. I wish I lived somewhere warm so I could get a 350 like some of you guys!

You guys are lucky you can even get 350s, let alone ones with options. In the Lexus eastern sales region (Maine to Virginia), the IS350s only come in one configuration: luxury w/18in. wheels package. No ML available. No Dynamic Cruise. It sucks. Not every color is even available. I want a red one, but it only comes with black interior and there were only 100 of them made in 2007. Plus there are very few 350s up here due to the long cold/snow/ice season and the popularity of AWD. I wish I lived somewhere warm so I could get a 350 like some of you guys!

Do your homework, you can always order your vehicle but you will have to take the time to find a dealer who knows how to get you what you want. I had a very hard time finding my car, I went from dealer to dealer and heard the same story every time, car is rare, its not available, 4 to 6 months to order... then one day I got fed up, got on the Lexus website and called every dealer that I had not already visited, after 8 or so calls I hit pay dirt and found the exact car I was looking for.

A lot of dealers are not willing to order because they would rather push you into one of the units on the lot, they don't want another one in inventory when they have ones already to sell. Take your time and don't settle for something you don't want. I was specifically after the ML stereo, it only comes with the Lux pkg with NAV... top of the line car. They tried to run the same BS on me and I walked away from several deals, I would have waited and ordered it had I not found it on my own.

If you stick with it and take your time you will get what you want. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree^^

I've been trying to get an idea of available packages/region. All I want is a 350 X-package. None of my local dealers even have an 350 to drive. I can get a 250 AWD all day though.......hell I'd even get a 350 Base and do my own suspension/wheel package. Very sad.

I made a call to a dealer in Norwood MA, and when I mentioned the X-package I got, "AWD only comes on the IS250"......morons.

The more I research this....the more I think I'm going to wind up with a 335i.....

[/quot

I live in NJ and ordered my IS350 fromLawrence Lexus- got the sport package 16inch wheels etc- ordered exactly what I wanted - yes it took 5 months to come in, but I got it and love it!

I just got my IS350 on Thursday. Starfire Pearl with Black interior. Luxury Package, Navigation and Mark Levinson. One of the most important things for me was the fact that it has no rear spoiler. (Tough to find. A couple of dealerships flat out told me that in 2007, they no longer make IS350's without the spoiler. BS!!!) It also has the upgraded exhaust.

I just got my IS350 on Thursday. Starfire Pearl with Black interior. Luxury Package, Navigation and Mark Levinson. One of the most important things for me was the fact that it has no rear spoiler. (Tough to find. A couple of dealerships flat out told me that in 2007, they no longer make IS350's without the spoiler. BS!!!) It also has the upgraded exhaust.

Do you mind how much did u pay before tax and tags?

Do you mind how much did u pay before tax and tags?

$41,500

MSRP was just under $46,400.

The closest quote I got from another dealer was $41,147 (and I don't know exactly the color), but remove the dual exhaust, add XM, and add rear spoiler.

My best quote for a Graphite base + premium plus + nav (MSRP 42,052) was $37,400.

If you want to know the specific details of the 3 days of communications, somebody just ask.