02 Sc430 Brake Replacment

Jason Vanick

My wife's sc430 is ready for new brakes...

I looked online and found all the parts for reasonable prices...

my question is this... I've done brakes on my truck before, and have good mechanical skills...

is this a job I can do at home, or is there certain dealer "magic" that must occur when replacing the pads and rotors?

Do I need any special tools?

-J

my question is this... I've done brakes on my truck before, and have good mechanical skills...

is this a job I can do at home, or is there certain dealer "magic" that must occur when replacing the pads and rotors?

-J

Last weekend I unbolted my calipers to paint them and it looks like theres no secret tools needed just standard stuff. However if you have tire sensors you must put the correct tire on where it came off since all four sensors are different.

theazz

• 2 weeks later...

-J

Last weekend I unbolted my calipers to paint them and it looks like theres no secret tools needed just standard stuff. However if you have tire sensors you must put the correct tire on where it came off since all four sensors are different.

theazz

If you have done brakes on another car at home, you can do these. I would suggest you get an inexpensive service manual on a CD , try E-bay, that has a blowup sketch of the clips and springs. They are a little more complicated than other cars. The backs are completely different from the fronts

As a suggestion, you might want to think about replacing the stock rotors and pads with aftermarket cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads. The improved braking is very noticable. You don't need to spend big bucks for the Italian rotors, the name starts with a B_______, the knock-offs from China work fine, just match them up with a good quality ceramic pad