Engine Miss After Cleaning

iowahawkeye6

I have a '92 LS400 with 130k that runs perfectly, that is until this weekend when I cleaned the engine. I used the solvent and pressure sprayer at the local car wash. I do this twice a year to clear the dust, I live in the desert. I've never had a problem before. This time it started missing on the way out of the car wash. I let the car sit in the sun, ran it up to temp thinking that it would "DRY" out. Well it's been 3 days and 100 miles and it still misses. I've checked for obvious problems, vacum lines, water in the airclear, loose connections, etc with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas??

sounds like water around one of the plugs... just gotta find which plug and use a lil air pressure to blow it out.

That was my first thought. Seems to me that it would have dryed up by now. I'll go pull all the junk off so I can check the plugs after dinner and see if I can find the problem. Thanks

I'd put a lot of money on the idea of your spark plugs sitting in a pool of water. I've done it, as well as many others based on the number of threads and posts we've had on this subject. Pull the two timing belt covers, blow the water out of there, and you should be back in business. ;)

I'd put a lot of money on the idea of your spark plugs sitting in a pool of water. I've done it, as well as many others based on the number of threads and posts we've had on this subject. Pull the two timing belt covers, blow the water out of there, and you should be back in business. ;)

Checked all the plugs and found water pooled on cylinder 4. I decided to change all the plugs while I had her all taken apart. $60 bucks and 2 hours later, she's running like a champ again. Thank for you help!

Too bad you did'nt get odds on your diagnosis!

Checked all the plugs and found water pooled on cylinder 4. I decided to change all the plugs while I had her all taken apart. $60 bucks and 2 hours later, she's running like a champ again. Thank for you help!

Too bad you did'nt get odds on your diagnosis!

Good deal! ;) I should have gotten odds, huh?!? :lol: It's so nice when it turns out to be something simple like this!