Protecting Light Lenses

ok, i am back with more quandaries.

after you've polished the headlight/foglight lens, what can you do to keep it from hazing. if i had known i was scratching off the protective coating, i would have just left them alone. what a dork i am.

i really don't look forward to repolishing them every few months. aaaaaaaaaah!

the auto supply store here says they can order me a film to put on top of it, but i wanted something more integral.

if i seal it with that klasse stuff, would that keep it from getting scratched? probably a pipe dream.

thanks for your help.

thank you. that's good news.

did you already have scratches/hazing on your lenses? if so, does this plexus thing keep it clear for more than 6 months?

i've heard that with everything else, it's repolish every 2-3 months.

if i had just left it alone insted of nitpicking over couple of microscopic chips.

thanks.

hey, there, ticman. as with my earlier question, did you remove any hazing before you polished them or were they in good (original) shape?

i think they do ok with anything if you haven't scratched off the hardcoating, but once you've scraped the coating off, i don't know if polishing or waxing or whatever will last any longer than couple of months.

Mine are new, but I've used Novus to polish my Explorer's lights, and the Plexus maintains it well.

Mike, I also put the Poorboys on the lights.

Amanda, what did you use to polish the lamps that clouds back up again so fast?

hi, steve. the lenses haven't clouded up yet. i used 2000 grit wetdry sand paper (because i am a ninny) then polished it with bluemagic plastic/plexiglass cleaner. it looks pretty good now but i do see a slight film/opulescence when i look at it from an angle. i think it's from some petroleum in the plexiglass cleaner. i guess i should have used gloves.

anyway, what i understand is, i have scratched off the scratch-resistant hardcoating and i believe it. so it should soon scratch/haze up. so i would like to find a preventative product

is that novus stuff so much better than this plexiglass cleaner. it seemed pretty good to me.