Need Help - Price For 2002 Ls 430 With/nav And 85k

Y117

The title of my post pretty much says it all. I am in the market for a 2002 LS 430 (no color preference) with Navigation and about 80-85K miles.

What is the price i should be factually keeping in my mind. (+or- $500 ofcourse).

Also, Condition of the car would be acceptable. No Major Dents, one or two dings a bumper scratch..stuff like thats OK.

Thanks, for your responses.

I would try to pay no more than 20% of its original price, lets say 71,000 = 15,000, 17000. Why it will have its issues of suspension and wear and tear. If the car has perfect maintenance records from a Lexus dealer and was not owned by a salesperson, I would pay 20,000 but no more than that, unless you can find one of the rare gems with 30,000, to 40,000 miles than you can pay 27,000, because a car with such mileage is almost new providing the maintenance has been kept up to date. I used to date an insurance agent and she told me you have to discount 20% of the original price every year. Yours has five years so at least you need to pay less than 80% of its original price, taking in consideration wear and tear. In other intances you will pay a lot more if you find one without all those miles. Here in PR the other day I was seeing one that had 18,000 miles 2001 LS for 24,999.00, a great buy indeed.

C. PR

The title of my post pretty much says it all. I am in the market for a 2002 LS 430 (no color preference) with Navigation and about 80-85K miles.

What is the price i should be factually keeping in my mind. (+or- $500 ofcourse).

Also, Condition of the car would be acceptable. No Major Dents, one or two dings a bumper scratch..stuff like thats OK.

Thanks, for your responses.

Naa, $15k-$17k for an 02 LS is a pipe dream, even with 85k. Mileage on these cars isn't such a big deal, and buyers who really know a lot about them understand that. A lot of it depends on your individual market.

Thanks Cardona6569 & SW03ES for your valuable insight.

Cardona, you are right, even with that miles i am looking at asking prices around 22K at a Lexus Dealership.

Another thing, i am in Dallas..Texas, which is a big market for wholesale cars (auction), so would i be better off looking out for a auction dealer who can charge his $500 -$800 markup and get me one.??

I was going throught this forum, and i found someone in LA offering that kind of services, where you get an Auction Vehicle and pay about $400 extra. Maybe i need to find someone like that in Dallas or Houston.

Thanks

Thanks Cardona6569 & SW03ES for your valuable insight.

Cardona, you are right, even with that miles i am looking at asking prices around 22K at a Lexus Dealership.

Another thing, i am in Dallas..Texas, which is a big market for wholesale cars (auction), so would i be better off looking out for a auction dealer who can charge his $500 -$800 markup and get me one.??

I was going throught this forum, and i found someone in LA offering that kind of services, where you get an Auction Vehicle and pay about $400 extra. Maybe i need to find someone like that in Dallas or Houston.

Thanks

Y117,

I am in big D too. I bought a silver/black 01' 430 Ultra w/61k miles 3 weeks ago and paid $22,000+TTL . The dealer was asking $27,499 and I had searched lots of places and the prices were not as friendly as you might think. Nevertheless I was happy with my deal until I found out the Laser/Radar cruise control was broken and I bought a new replacement for $1,245 and installed it myself.

I think the auction might not be as good as you think, either. Lots of time they will and know how to hide flaws of the car and there was not lots of time for you to "kick the tires" beforehand. Anyway, good luck with your search. :)

The ultra package is nice. real nice. but i hate to hear that you had to spend another grand on fixing the radar cruise control.

I'm still looking, today i went to a dealer, (sewell lexus), they had a LS 430 that i liked, but it had real low miles. Hence the price was stuck at 28K.

Still looking...

anyone with any insight..please feel free to drop me suggestions. thanks