Ml Audio Problem

bb430

Hi all, new to the forum and have a weir problem with my ML audio. Came back from dropping off kids at school and all the sudden the radio started to sound like it was scanning the stations, cutting off every 4-5 seconds. So I tried CD's and it did the same thing. Then I tried AM and it did the same thing, sounded like it was trying to scan for stations only it was not. I shut the car off and waited for 1/2 hour and tried it again.

It still did the same, like it was scanning for stations, cutting for the sound every 4-5 seconds and the sound would come back for 1/2 second and cutting off again. It did this on every FM, AM stations and CD's and tapes. as well.

Any thoughts ? thanks.

The car is 2001 LS430 ultra with nav. and ML audio sound.

Actually it was my stupid mistake. I had a blown subwoofer and I took it out to repair it. I used the yellow rubber cement to glued the speaker to the mounting ring(it was separated) and left it for 2 nights, but when I remount the wires back I reversed them, that's when the audio was acting up. Sooooo I switched the wires and it is now OK.

I was glad there was no damage to the system(amp,etc..). Well..lesson learned..

By the way, the ML subwoofer does sound better than the JL subwoofer everybody was talking about replacing with. I now have a JL sitting in the garage..

• 3 months later...
Actually it was my stupid mistake. I had a blown subwoofer and I took it out to repair it. I used the yellow rubber cement to glued the speaker to the mounting ring(it was separated) and left it for 2 nights, but when I remount the wires back I reversed them, that's when the audio was acting up. Sooooo I switched the wires and it is now OK.

I was glad there was no damage to the system(amp,etc..). Well..lesson learned..

By the way, the ML subwoofer does sound better than the JL subwoofer everybody was talking about replacing with. I now have a JL sitting in the garage..

I am having a problem with the subwoofer in my 2001 LS430. I don't hear anything from it. Is it possibly blown? bb430 How did you "repair" your sub?

bb430

I should have asked a different question. How did you get to the subwoofer. Is it a matter of just lifting the cover or must you do more such as remove the rear seat? I recently purchased a used 2001 LS430 but when I put my ear or hand to the sub, I don't hear/feel anything. Is that normal?