Tinting Tail Lights

DNICE25

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
I use vinyl tint when tinting tail lights... just your basic tinting tools are needed, heat gun, squeegy, razor blades ect.

Def go with tint i did mine myself it took a few trial and errors lol but i will have new picks up soon so u can check them out i made mine all red you just have to manipulate the tint when you heat it and squeegy it real nice =)

• 1 month later...

I got special tint for tail lights and head lights done at a tint shop, but would have been much cheaper to use VHT nightshades. I used nightshades on my front markers/turn signals and they turned out very well. I did a friend's Camary, and my only suggestion is use super light coats, and do not rush because if you mess up it will never look the same even if you try to fix it up. If you still want a good portion of the light showing through, I suggest no more than 3-4 coats, and when it dries it will look darker.

My 1991 LS400

phpwfXo0jPM.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just make sure you don't go too dark...as you can be pulled over for this. I have a friend who has two sets of light caps...one set regular, and one tinted. He has been ticketed before...and it is just a fix-it ticket...but bad if not taken care of in time. So, he puts on his regular set of caps, has it signed off, and then goes right back to the old ones.

It's a long shot to be pulled over for it...but it is certainly probable cause to pull you over...so always think about that. Not that it doesn't look way cooler with the tint! Just FYI, and things to be prepared for.

• 1 month later...