Subwoofer Amplifier

laserron

Hi,

Got a 1993 that the subwoofer does not work. If you get up real close can barely hear the radio. checked the speaker and it works fine.

This unit it made by pioneer. Searched their web site but so far no luck finding a schematic. Took it apart but no obvious burned parts. Has anyone been able to fix this problem. Maybe the mute for the phone ( which is not there) is not working??

Thanks

Just picked up a '92 Ls400 Friday evening and when checking out the stock AM/FM/casette system I noticed the same thing as you did that I could hardly hear the sub woofer. Checked in the trunk and could see that the speaker has a very small magnet and doubt their is many watts going to it. I think it's a lost cause to expect much out of the subwoofer and head unit. Hate to pull out the factory head unit, if nothing else it looks great. I'm thinking of installing a Lexus factory Nakamichi system with upgraded speakers. Will have to find a wreck and pull the Nakamichi head unit, amp and changer along with the plugs and wireing. Would appreciate any advice as to what I will need to upgrade to the Nakamichi system. Four Door.

• 11 months later...