2005 Rx330 Nav System

mrjoker

I have a 2005 RX330 and I would like to update the Map DVD for the Navigation System. Does anyone know where the DVD unit is located in this model? Also, I checked at the parts department at my local Lexus Dealer and they told me the update DVD is 280 dollars. Is there any other place that may have these for less money? That is pretty steep price to update the Maps. But in my area there are many new streets and highways, so I will need to do it soon.

Thanks for the help

I have a 2005 RX330 and I would like to update the Map DVD for the Navigation System. Does anyone know where the DVD unit is located in this model? Also, I checked at the parts department at my local Lexus Dealer and they told me the update DVD is 280 dollars. Is there any other place that may have these for less money? That is pretty steep price to update the Maps. But in my area there are many new streets and highways, so I will need to do it soon.

Thanks for the help

I think I heard a new v4 DVD is scheduled by the end of April. I would certainly insist on a demo of it, though, since there's no guarantee that the new roads will be there. The location of the ECU is in the rear, mol forward of where the tonneau cover is stored.

the CD is located in the trunk of the car.

lift up the carpet, and open the area (hatch) where hte spare tire parts are located. on the right hand side (might need a flashlight) there are two clips that opens up the cd area. its kinda covered.