Why Are O2's For The Rx So Much?

picturethis

I got my Air Fuel ratio sensor for Bank 1 Sensor 1 from oxygensensors.com, turned out it was DOA and non refundable as I installed it to find out it was DOA, fortunately for some reason the dealer covered the replacement as "under warranty" i was so surpised I almost stoped hating them. Make sure its not an A/F ratio sensor that you need.

DOA? what was the cause of your problem?

I got my Air Fuel ratio sensor for Bank 1 Sensor 1 from oxygensensors.com, turned out it was DOA and non refundable as I installed it to find out it was DOA, fortunately for some reason the dealer covered the replacement as "under warranty" i was so surpised I almost stoped hating them. Make sure its not an A/F ratio sensor that you need.

Unfortunately for those of us who despise being ripped off for $225 by dealership parts departments for sensors that are typically available elsewhere for less than half that amount, oxygen sensor quality and actual correct application fluctuates wildly out there on the open market. Bosch sensors seem to suffer the most from this problem, as reported over the last couple of years by the members here who have tried them. I'm all for finding excellent parts sources outside of the dealerships, but you really have to be careful with these Lexus/Toyota oxygen sensors. So before you purchase or order, be sure to ask about the terms and exchange policies up front in the event that your new sensor doesn't work for you. It appears to be somewhat of a crap shoot....

cool, let us know how everything turns out.

these sensors, air/fuel, 2 each for your engine are toyota made, their toyota part # is 89467-48011, if u search ebay using that number u can get them for less than $100 each, these sensors are made by denso ,for toyota,and their part number is 234-9009. i believe the toyota part number is clearly stamped o the sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

cool, let us know how everything turns out.

these sensors, air/fuel, 2 each for your engine are toyota made, their toyota part # is 89467-48011, if u search ebay using that number u can get them for less than $100 each, these sensors are made by denso ,for toyota,and their part number is 234-9009. i believe the toyota part number is clearly stamped o the sensor.

Your search suggestion does not work. Do you have any more info?

• 1 year later...

I've been searching for a good price on these for a while. Here is what I've found.

Part Numbers

OEM 89467-48001

Denso 234-9009

OEM from Lexus, $150

http://www.factorlexusparts.com

http://www.factorylexusparts.com/servlet/t...AIR-FUEL/Detail (link may not work)

Denso from Rockauto.com, $136.79 (at time of posting)

www.rockauto.com, search for part in their catalog.