Paint Chipping On 2004 Rx330?

mca311

I just purchased a used 2004 RX 330 and drove it back from Orange County to the Bay Area up Highway 5. In addition to all the dead bugs, I noticed 3-4 rock chips on the body.

My question is if the paint chipping is common/excessive on the RX330 and if it's worthwhile to have a clear coat put on the hood and bumper. Here's the link to the kit I was looking to install:

ClearProtection

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

i actually dont have that many paint chips...maybe 1 or two on the hood. dont feel so bad about the bumper, bumpers get changed rather quickly.

its a bit late now to look into the clear coat after you have the chips. might want to wait for some more damage, then get a new hood and get the coat. If you feel that you want to do it now, then its good to look into.

lexus paint meets new standards of paint environmental friendliness and therefore chips more easily.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Get it. My RX330 (white) looks like it was beat...I have complained repeatedly about the soft paint on my car. Tried the strap on bra, and that just beat the paint worse....

The paint chips really bad any time it gets hit...

Get the 3M film