Sc 400 Sound System

xoom04

i have a question about replacing the stock nakamichi sub. i found a sub at this link link and i was wondering if it would be worth buying. i also encountered a problem the other day with my stereo. i turned the car on as usual and went to use the stereo, and to my surprise, there was no sound. i turned the volume all the way up and i could barely hear the music of the cd changer. the same went for cassete and radio. for fear of hearing the repair cost from the dealer, i have decided to consult u guys first. what could be the problem and how would i be able to fix it myself?

to me your best bet is to go to a local stero shop. ask them if u can try to see what fits or just take off the stock plastic and build up something for your self... I will be going with a alpine 10" type R.. and i will be trying to build a box right inder the rear deck....

and if not go to google.com and just look around there

laterzzz

Your question is directly answered in the forum section under the title: "Subwoofer Replacement"

Per member dannycwu:

I just purchased a 10" free air sub from Pioneer model TS-W254F and to my dismay it doesn't drop-in fit the old subwoofer enclosure. Does anyone out there know of a brand/model that does? Thanks.

thanks guys. im still not quite satisfied with what i have to do. i considered buying a sub and tryign to build a box that fits under the rear deck, but after thinking hard about it, i have decided to stay with a free air sub. i searched google and found some nakamichi subs, 1 10 and 1 12. has anyone ever tried to mount a 12 in free-air sub under the preexisting 10in hole. if you have, what tips would you have for this type of mount. also, how many watts/ohms does the factor nakamichi amp put out?