Ecm Repair

93ls400walt

I am thinking of sending my ECM out for a diag, and repair. Was planning on sending it to Auto Tech in Jacksonvill, Fla. But I just came across a UK thread which had a prob with Auto TEK or TECH in England. So I got a bit worried. Anyone have a ECM sent out for repair with good results.

My 93ls has a hesitation prob at any speed if I try to push the gas peddle down to fast. Not flooring it, even a inch is enough, if it is done to fast. The rpm will drop about 500 and the car seems to loose forward movement. The rpm will cycle up and down the 500 if I hold the peddle at the same position as when it started. If I let up on the peddle then accelerate a little more slowly everything is ok. The prob is worse if I am going up even a small hill, have passengers or the A/C is on.

I have a code 41 even after a new TPS. I have replaced prior to this prob. plugs,wires caps, rotors, coils, underbody and in tank fuel filters, PCV. Cleaned the throttle body more that once and cleaned the EGR. Neither were very bad. Replaced vac. hoses. Ran many cans of Seafoam and BG44K. All have helped a bit as that I can accelerate a bit faster and harder. But I still have to watch about trying to pull out or pass someome.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks, Walt

I sometimes have the same problem ( slight hesitation when I punch the gas pedal) with my '04 LS and my mechanic told me it had to do with the way the injectors were set up and that it is common in most cars. I flip my switch over to ECT if I know I have to pull out onto a busy intersection or if I'm in heavy traffic and need to change lanes often and this seems to eliminate the problem (but can lower the gas mileage)

I think mine is more than a slight hesitation. The car actually stops forward movement. Almost like it slips into neutral. But I don't think that it is a trans. prob. As when I let off the gas and press down again the car has immediate movement and sense of a gear change at any time.

I had my tranny flushed the other day at 53K. My mechanic (local Valvoline) couldn't believe how black it was coming out so I'm going to change it every 30K from now on (using Toyota fluid). My car seemed to shift a little smoother afterward but your problem seems more extreme. Valvoline also has a 3 step fuel system cleaner that has always worked well on my other cars, cleans the injectors and plugs like new. Good Luck!

Thanks, I have thought about the pressurized injector cleaning. Also I forgot to mention in the orig. thread that I have recently flushed my trans. I agree, on the dip stick it look nice and pink, but in the clear jar the fluid was cloudy and dark. No burnt smell though.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of sending my ECM out for a diag, and repair. Was planning on sending it to Auto Tech in Jacksonvill, Fla. But I just came across a UK thread which had a prob with Auto TEK or TECH in England. So I got a bit worried. Anyone have a ECM sent out for repair with good results.

My 93ls has a hesitation prob at any speed if I try to push the gas peddle down to fast. Not flooring it, even a inch is enough, if it is done to fast. The rpm will drop about 500 and the car seems to loose forward movement. The rpm will cycle up and down the 500 if I hold the peddle at the same position as when it started. If I let up on the peddle then accelerate a little more slowly everything is ok. The prob is worse if I am going up even a small hill, have passengers or the A/C is on.

I have a code 41 even after a new TPS. I have replaced prior to this prob. plugs,wires caps, rotors, coils, underbody and in tank fuel filters, PCV. Cleaned the throttle body more that once and cleaned the EGR. Neither were very bad. Replaced vac. hoses. Ran many cans of Seafoam and BG44K. All have helped a bit as that I can accelerate a bit faster and harder. But I still have to watch about trying to pull out or pass someome.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks, Walt

Hey Walt, I was having for the longest time...major car hesitation upon pressing the gas just a LITTLE too much. I've done every diagnostics, and changed a crap load of stuff (throttle position sensor, sub throttle position sensor, fuel filter, spark plugs, distributor caps and rotors) none of that worked. I also had a code 41 AND a code 47...both having to do with the sub throttle position sensor and the tps. So eventually my mechanic spent numerous hours trying to find the route of my problem...my ecu was not sending a signal to the IDL I. So i sent my ecu to www.autocomputersupply.com (based in houston, tx), and told them my problem and they fixed it and sent it to me within 24 hours...so my car hesitation is FINALLY fixed. Hope that helps

Thank you scotty2hottieoki. I've always felt it was the ecm. I'm going to go for it. Glad that yours is now fixed!

Your welcome. just go to www.autocomputersupply.com...and even though they dont have a picture up of the ecu's that they can fix...they can fix your model. There is a printout sheet on their website, just print it out and fill out the form stating your car info and problems. Just to make sure...call 1-888-ecm-to-go...and ask if they can fix your model ecu before you send it to them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...