Viewing *.wma Song Info

Steve Wallace

I have a '07 ES 350 with nav, and have been trying everything I can think of to get the CDs I burn to display the song info. I've tried data disks, which display song info for songs I've ripped from CDs but won't play music I've downloaded because of license issues; and audio disks in .wma and .mp3 formats, which don't display song info but the downloaded music plays fine. I use Windows Media Player 11.

Does anyone know how to get the best of both worlds -- display song info and play music that requires a license? Please provide specifics on WMP11 settings, or info on freeware programs that can do what I want to do.

Thanks,

Steve Wallace

You're looking for cd text which will display album title, song title, etc. CD text can be added to a burned cd. You just have to select the add cd text from the option list. If you rip a retail audio cd, only the audio gets ripped, unless your software ripper can read the cd's .ini files. The cd burning software will have to access some online database such as CDDB, iTunes, etc to fill in the missing information. This normally happens anyway when to you rip songs to your media library. In order for this to work, you need a cd player/burner that supports cd text and media player that also supports cd text. Unfortunately WMP does not support cd text. iTunes and Nero support cd text. Not sure if Nero express supports cd text though.

gordonw,

Thanks for the info. I'm obviously new at this. I have been using Windows Media to burn CDs, but after reading your reply, I looked at other programs to see if they supported CD text and noticed that Napster has an option to "Burn CD Text" that I will try. If that doesn't work, I'll look into Nero.