285/60-18 Tires On 18" 2003 Rims?

sarkleshark

Can I put 285-60-18 tires on the stock 2003 18" lx470 rims to replace the 275/60-18 tires? I do not care about the slight difference in speedometer readings. I am more concerned if they will fit on the rims and adequate clearance.

thanks

I have 285/60-18s on my '02.

no problem what-so-ever. as a matter of fact, i think the 285/60 are proper size for the truck.

looks great and rides great.

check out the pics:

www.the-happy-family.com/lexus/lx470.htm

D.J.

Can I put 285-60-18 tires on the stock 2003 18" lx470 rims to replace the 275/60-18 tires? I do not care about the slight difference in speedometer readings. I am more concerned if they will fit on the rims and adequate clearance.

thanks

No problem and it is only 1.5% difference which means at 60mph you will really be going about 60.8 miles per hour. They should even weigh about the same and even though your spare is a little bit smaller if you air your spare up to about 36 lbs it should be OK to use until you can drive some where and get your 285 repaired.

Yeah they are right...I have a 2000 LX470 and upgraded to the 2006 18 inch factory wheels that I found on Ebay and wrapped them with 285/60/18 tires from TireRack.com and they look and ride great. I was worried that my ride will get stiffer, but it didn't...must be because of those Continentals. I was skeptic at first, but after reading the reviews on TireRack.com I went with the Continentals, plus they are $103.00 each and all-season can't beat that...compared to the Goodyear and Michelin tires that ranged from $168.00 to $269.00 each!