Replacement Rotors And Pads

hammo400

Hi ,

What is the best value in replacement rotors (F/R) and semi-metallic pads (F/R) for my 1998 LS400.

Many online parts stores have good prices. I WANT TO STAY AWAY FROM AN $1200 JOB AT THE DEALER WITH THEIR CRAPPY PARTS AND OVERPRICED SERVICE.

Which are the best for pads ? EBC? Raybestos?

Rotors? Mountain? Centric? EBC?

Suggestions are MOST welcome

Thank you

Hammo400

98White LS 400

I used pads from the dealer (after I embarrassed them into almost matching parkplacelexus.com's price) and Brembo rotors from TireRack for $68 each. So far very happy with the results. Did the job in my driveway in about an hour for the fronts.

Bob

Hi ,

What is the best value in replacement rotors (F/R) and semi-metallic pads (F/R) for my 1998 LS400.

Many online parts stores have good prices. I WANT TO STAY AWAY FROM AN $1200 JOB AT THE DEALER WITH THEIR CRAPPY PARTS AND OVERPRICED SERVICE.

Thank you

Hammo400

98White LS 400

I used NAPA Ceramix Pads: Front, CMX7544

Rear, CMX7491 on my '99 LS. I haven't needed to replace rotors yet.

I used pads from the dealer (after I embarrassed them into almost matching parkplacelexus.com's price) and Brembo rotors from TireRack for $68 each. So far very happy with the results. Did the job in my driveway in about an hour for the fronts.

Bob

Hi ,

Thank you

Hammo400

98White LS 400

I bought mine from irontoad.com. Factory pads came from a Lexus dealer in Pennsylvania. I think $63 for the front and very easy to install. You can actually put these pads on using the tools the car carries on board. The hardest part is getting the wheel lugs loose.

If you don't want to have any problems, don't even think about semi-metallic pads. Lexus or toyota rotors are soft and only ceramic pads would work like they suppose to. I got Brembo rotors and pads from Tire Rack....don't forget about anti-squil shims when changing pads.

Since brakes last so long anyway, I always use the brake pads made by the manufacturer. I have tried many aftermarket pads before and none were great and some were terrible.