Gas Mileage On Ls430

skhatri

If I lived in Saudi Arabian and had to contend with sand storms I would seriously consider not utilizing the K&N air filter that I'm confident contributes 1-1.5 MPG to my high 29MPG highway mileage.

Along with to maximize mileage I also avoid obviously dusty enviornments (construction sites, substandard roads etc.) and regularly add 8 oz of Marvel Mystery Oil ( Upper Cylinder Lubricant) at fillup to MINIMIZE wear associated with any particles that get past the K&N before they are quickly exhausted.

• 7 years later...

I don't drive crazy and I used to get 18-19mpg; since this year, I've been getting 15~16mpg.  Due to noticeable (severe) hesitation from stop-and-go and found dirty MAF, I replaced it with cheap aftermarket and was good for 3+ months (I didn't track fuel economy during this time) followed with CEL (P0171/P0174).  Then, I've had multiple visits to mechanics and eventually replaced MAF with Denso and the fuel trims are now in expected range.  However, fuel economy displayed from the car is still at about 15.6mpg consistently.  Drove only about 100+ miles so far as of this writing.

2022-11-08 15-18-59.csv