Crash! =(

Some guy that didnt have his licence made an illegal turn infront of me. It was in a 45 mph zone. I found out later that this guy had a previous VEHICULAR HOMICIDE charge on his record..... nice. Amongst several battery and disorderly conduct charges... real scum of the earth. Needless to say, it was a bad one. His wife ended up a parapelegic, he broke a leg, and his daughter suffered serious head trauma. They were in like a beat up 1987 S10 pick up.

um... yeah, the car was quite obviously totaled!

Sorry to see the pix. At the very least you should pull the wheels and tires off and sell them on eBay. They are still looking in very good condition. I seen people sell a set of these on eBay for $200 - $400 assuming your tires are in reasonable condition. Plus they will pay shipping.

If you scrap the car for metal and sell the wheels/tires, you might come close to $1K. Good luck!

That guy belongs in jail for a long time. A former coworker of mine and her friend were killed when an idiot like this hit them and drove off.

The guy who hit you is a repeat offender and has already killed someone. They should throw the book at him.

Here in good ol' Florida its a 50/50 state as far as I know, I've only been in one wreck. Anyway, that guy that made the illegal turn got a nice ticket, probably some time, or a huge fine, which ever of those he got or will get. When I got into my accident, which was clearly NOT my fault, the cops didn't give the girl a ticket or anything! All we did was exchange info. and call it a night. Needless to say I got a nice check from her insurance company becuase I complained that she didn't get a ticket and I threatened to sue if they gave me anything less than the market value of my car (Mazda 626). The irony is that she ended up getting the same car I had ;)

My condolences to his wife and daughter, but that guy had alot of priors. He should do time.

Here in good ol' Florida its a 50/50 state as far as I know, I've only been in one wreck. Anyway, that guy that made the illegal turn got a nice ticket, probably some time, or a huge fine, which ever of those he got or will get. When I got into my accident, which was clearly NOT my fault, the cops didn't give the girl a ticket or anything! All we did was exchange info. and call it a night. Needless to say I got a nice check from her insurance company becuase I complained that she didn't get a ticket and I threatened to sue if they gave me anything less than the market value of my car (Mazda 626). The irony is that she ended up getting the same car I had ;)

Yep, that's called "no-fault" insurance law, and Florida is one of the few states with this law. That basically means when two parties get involved in an accident, neither of them can sue each other for medical or personal damages, and the insurance carriers of both parties take care of compensating them for their damages/losses so more than likely one or both of the parties will receive a generous insurance check from the other party. I personally dealt with the no-fault law when I wrecked my '01 ES last year after improperly making a left turn and hitting a woman head-on. My insurance cut me a check for my loss in an amount way over the KBB value of my car.