2000 ES300 - Where is my amplifier hidden?

2000 ES300

I have the Lexus Premium Sound System with the Pioneer head. I've searched high and low and cannot locate the amp.

- not in the trunk

- not under the passenger seat

- not spotted yet in the dash near the head unit.

Where is it??

Tom

• 4 months later...
Check out the following website or call them and they may be able to assist you.

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremoval.htm.  They list car stereo removal for most of the major domestic and foriegn cars.

Good luck.

Alex,

Thanks. That was an old post. I'm pretty sure now that the amp is to the right of the glovebox. I just haven't looked yet - It's winter here! Too cold to work on the car.

BTW, that link got me laughing. Dig down to the 2000 ES300, (click here)

That's my workshop paper he's posting! What goes round ...

Still a work in progress. I let him use it.

Thanks

Tom

lol darn i got to this too late. yeah it's near the glovebox. i don't know how they got it over there, but it's there...

i prefer having it under the passenger seat, or in the lower dash. but i'm not the one creating great cars, so can't do much about it. :)

Tom,

Would you happen to have any info on the size of speakers in the doors of the 1999 GS300? I am attempting to upgrade my stock system with some new Diamond Audio separates, a JL 10" sub and an Orion Amp and a Diamond Audio amp.

Tom,

Would you happen to have any info on the size of speakers in the doors of the  1999 GS300?  I am attempting to upgrade my stock system with some new Diamond Audio separates, a JL 10" sub and an Orion Amp and a Diamond Audio amp.

Alex

No, I've never looked at the speakers. I also have an ES, not a GS; so our doors are probably different shapes.

Let's wait for Zeta to answer; she seems to be our new forum elf av-562.jpg<_< I mean moderator!

Tom

Tom,

Would you happen to have any info on the size of speakers in the doors of the  1999 GS300?  I am attempting to upgrade my stock system with some new Diamond Audio separates, a JL 10" sub and an Orion Amp and a Diamond Audio amp.

Alex

No, I've never looked at the speakers. I also have an ES, not a GS; so our doors are probably different shapes.

Let's wait for Zeta to answer; she seems to be our new forum elf av-562.jpg<_< I mean moderator!

Tom

lol first off... i'm not a she... the pics in my avatar and sig are korean singers... i wish i had a girl like them, but no...

actually i'm not sure if i'm short enough to be an elf. i'm quite short though 5' 8" <_<

but for the GS speakers i'm not sure, you could try posting in the GS forum. i'm sure someone would have an answer to that...

the usual speakers on the door's of the older gen ES's used 6x9's. but i'm not sure if it's the same in all models, b/c i think my mom's RX has diff size speakers on her doors.

• 1 month later...

If anyone gets access to the amplifer please post the make and model number here. Thanks to Tom's posting I manged to purchase the pioneer service manual for the radio. I would like to know the type of connector and pinouts for the speaker connector as I plan to replace my stereo and amplifier with a unit (sony or pioneer) that can play xm and mp3.

Thanks,

Jason.