You Know You Own An Es300 When...

You know you own an ES300 when . . .

Your five-year-old Chevy with 50,000 miles has been in the shop 8x as much as your thirteen-year-old ES300 with 150,000 miles.

By the way, never ever buy a Chevy Trailblazer.

...you love it that cars 6-15 years old still look major hawt... except for the really !Removed! taillights, wtf!?

...your 15 year old leather in the cheapest lexus made is still atleast 3x the quality of any current L-daddy, Caddy, or Chrysler.

...you ask me questions directly

...you actually have my number in your cellphone, and txt me on a semi-regular basis

sorry, had to do it lol

When the tech at the tuner shop doesn't believe the receptionist, the copy of the insurance card, or the "model year" on the inspection sticker and instead pops the hood to confirm the model year of your car because he thinks it HAS to be a few years newer than it is. Awesome.

You know you own a lexus es300 when

You will spend 10x the money its worth to keep it cherry

You always look for a reason to talk and think about your es

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take pride in how much money Iv spent on my car love it to its death

• 4 months later...

You know you own a Lexus 300 when:

You pull into the Toyota dealership where you work and every one there knows that it is "not" a dressed up camry.

Your two kids come home from college and fight about who is going to drive my 98 with 115,000 miles instead of my wife's Limited Highlander with 60,000 miles, that has Nav and rear DVD.

Your kid's friend says your dad owns a "lex" and they come home and tell you about the new word that has been added to the teenage vocabulary.

You do a walk around every time they give you the keys back.

• 1 month later...
Please complete the question.... this could get interesting.

You know you own an ES300 when you pull into the repair shop and the mechanic insists to the boss that he WANTS to work on your 15 year old ES300 instead of the 2 or 3 cars before you .... (because he owns one too and loves it with a passion!)...

When you buy this nice 99 with 46,000 on it.

Then you realize the premium sound system sounds like crap

You give your 5'7" neighbor a ride and he says its crampy for such an expensive car

You wish it had a limited slip diff instead of that insidious VSC

Then after a week I realize I wish my 92 maxima didn't have 296,000 on it.

when you've already replaced the engine once and sure enough the replacement is knocking already, but you won't give up on it, no, you start looking for a *better* engine to drop in...

stupid 2vz engines :censored:

(if you're curious, that's not actually a 300, it's a 250)

• 2 months later...

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

You Know You Own An Es300 When...

...your passenger asks you if your car is running. This happens occasionally since the car is so quiet at idle, and all the time really. B)

...people who just dropped $20-30k on a new car think your the "rich" one because you drive a lexus. Even though I bought mine for $11k in 2003 with 74k mi - and now it has 140k mi with no issues and their now 6 year old car with 75k on it has cost them a few thousand in repairs and they still have a car payment. :D

...you've had the same car for 6 years while all your friends hate their cars and trade them in every two years. And they have to roll over negative equity in the car while yours has been paid off for 3.5 years :lol:

...you cant read the radio anymore even though it still sounds awesome. :(

...people think your 12 year old car is new until they realize it has a tape deck in the dash. :P

• 4 years later...

After just joining and exploring I am finding out most of us are too familiar with it sounding like your front end is gonna be in a thousand pieces after going over a bump. But I have 223k miles and everything else still works like the day I got it!