You Know You Own An Es300 When...

You Know You Own An Es300 When...

...your wife comes to work to meet you for lunch and your coworkers say, "Oh, man, check out that hot chick in that sleek black Lexus," as she pulls into the parking lot. I have to say, "ease up boys, that's my wife... don't make me hafta bow up on you!! :D "

when you drive along the highway and you see late model bimmers, mercedes, vdubs, and other brands broken down on the side of the road and you can't remember the last time thats happened to you...

... i don't even have an es.. but my gs and camry coupe are fine by me.

when you drive along the highway and you see late model bimmers, mercedes, vdubs, and other brands broken down on the side of the road and you can't remember the last time thats happened to you...

LOL, Thats sooo true! I see it all the time.

I know I own an ES 300 when I tell people I drive a Lexus and they give me an impressed look (as I'm 19, you don't see many people my age driving Lexus). They never ask about the age of the car although I often get this reaction:

peole think your 10 year old car is new.

LOL, Thats sooo true! I see it all the time.

Me too! Just a couple of weeks ago I saw this late model merc sitting at the side of the highway with the hood up. The driver was standing beside the car with his hands in his pockets and this "I wish this car had an INVISIBLE button on it!!!" look on his face!

Hey, maybe it did have an invisibility feature....but it was broken too! 21704sidesplit-1.gif

I know I own an ES 300 when I tell people I drive a Lexus and they give me an impressed look (as I'm 19, you don't see many people my age driving Lexus).

Good taste knows no age ! LOL LOL.gif

Let me guess, it was a Merc Cougar, eh? I see those on the side of the road often... or on the back of a tow truck.

The best break-down I ever saw was on an interstate in Western Idaho... some dude was on the side of the road hurriedly unloading his luggage out of a Chrysler LeBaron. As I came down the road, I could see him grabbing some bags, running about 20 meters behind the car, drop them, then go back for more. As I cruised past the car, I could see flames leaping through the grill from under the hood. I could just hear him wondering, "Do you think I have enough time to go back and get my golf clubs out of the trunk before this heap blows?!?!?!" :o :o :o :blink:

Let me guess, it was a Merc Cougar, eh? I see those on the side of the road often... or on the back of a tow truck.

LOL...yeah, right. It was one of those Merc Cougars with the three pointed stars on the grille :)

I bet he was wishing it WAS a Ford product at the time. That would have looked less embarrassing than to be pointed and laughed at by passersby while he waited for a tow for his very expensive (but dead) S-Class.

Of course, I didn't do any pointing and laughing.....I just smiled and waved as I cruised by.... :P LOL

The best break-down I ever saw was on an interstate in Western Idaho... some dude was on the side of the road hurriedly unloading his luggage out of a Chrysler LeBaron. As I came down the road, I could see him grabbing some bags, running about 20 meters behind the car, drop them, then go back for more. As I cruised past the car, I could see flames leaping through the grill from under the hood. I could just hear him wondering, "Do you think I have enough time to go back and get my golf clubs out of the trunk before this heap blows?!?!?!" :o :o :o :blink:

best one i saw was a silver dub cab ram with a huge hemi sticker in orange across the back glass and still rolling temp tags.

i was doing about 75mph and he flew by me. about 10 minutes later there is a bunch of fliuds (oil and antifreeze ) all over the road and there he sat with his hood up and white smoke a rolling.

that was in VA. near lexington. :chairshot:

You know you own a Lexus when...

* - You post on a Lexus forum complaining about squeaks, rattles, or worn out parts - without realizing that your car is now 15 years old and has 200,000 miles on it!

* - You don't even think twice about taking a 1500 mile road trip over a long weekend in your 15 year old car with 200,000 miles on it.

* - Your neighbors all think you make way too much money because you drive such a nice car - they don't seem to notice that it's 15 years old and has 200,000 miles on it.

* - You hope to keep your car for 15 more years and put 200,000 more miles on it!

tck...

You know you own a Lexus when...

* - You post on a Lexus forum complaining about squeaks, rattles, or worn out parts - without realizing that your car is now 15 years old and has 200,000 miles on it!

* - You don't even think twice about taking a 1500 mile road trip over a long weekend in your 15 year old car with 200,000 miles on it.

* - Your neighbors all think you make way too much money because you drive such a nice car - they don't seem to notice that it's 15 years old and has 200,000 miles on it.

* - You hope to keep your car for 15 more years and put 200,000 more miles on it!

tck...

so true.

:)

we all are so proud of our old cars

5 of us took the lexus on a 11 hour road trip one weekend, it never acted up once, but now the tranny hates me but oh well,

YOU KNOW YOU OWN A LEXUS ES300 WHEN...

A young person calling himself Shayam walks up to you and asks you for money towards a new car!

LOL...I think Shayan would probably state it differently.

Shayan's version:

You know you own a (broken) Lexus ES300 when....

Lacebug Sydney volunteers to take up a collection so you can get it fixed or get a new one. :P

you tell people you drive an old lexus and their response is always "It don't matter, it's still a lexus!"

^

Ah. You beat me to this one. NO ONE seems to consider that my car is now 15 years old. They still seem impressed by the "status" associated with Lexus ownership.

If only they would accompany some of us to the stealerships where they can directly witness how the "Lexus Ownership Experience" has downgraded since the early 90s. :angry:

I'm wondering how the new aftermarket equipment awaiting installation will affect the reactions to the car, if at all.

• 1 month later...

you know you have an ES300 when...

the needles on your dash don't light up.

people are impressed when your 19 and you drive a Lexus

you take pride in owning a car with 2 names [ES300 / TOYOTA Windom]

everyday you find something new about your 15 year old car

you know you have an ES300 when...

the needles on your dash don't light up.

people are impressed when your 19 and you drive a Lexus

you take pride in owning a car with 2 names [ES300 / TOYOTA Windom]

everyday you find something new about your 15 year old car

you know you have an es300 when...

you have a fight with your wife, because she refuses to refer to it as a limo...