Ack! A Dent!

acf

I was staring lovingly at my new car today and I noticed that there was about a 5 inch scratch/dent on the front left panel of the car. I can't imagine how that happened. My wife knows nothing of it but the weird thing is there were small clear strips of "tape" over the scratch/dent that as I peeled off seemed to make it more visible until all was left was the smooth dent.

My question is, is it possible that could have somehow been covered up by some body shop trick or is it probably plastic rubbed off of whatever hit it? I mean I looked that car up and down before I bought it and never saw any indention there but its there now and I've only had the car a week and can't imagine it happened since I bought it.

I dont see any way the dealership could have hidden that, it must have just happened.

Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do yourself. Try a swirl remover on the scratches. I'd take it to a Paintless Dent Removal place for an estimate.