I Am Getting A Small "thimp" Everytime I Let Off The Gas

brenjmull

My dh noticed this the other day,,everytime you let off the gas, about one second later there is a "thump" sound,he says it sounds like a universal joint going bad.. My car has 49200 miles on it,,, 2004 rx330. I am trying to get everything I find fixed before the 50000 mile warranty expires,, I already took it in for dash rattles and now it is worse than before, it is going in for headlight condesation and now this thump?? Geez,, is there anything else I should be looking for? anyone have this thump sound??

I had a similar issue recently on my 04. I had a thump or vibration on initial acceleration. It stayed at the dealer for 3 days. They replaced the upper strut bushings even took off and checked the tie rod ends. It turned out to be a steering coupler that was binding up. Replaced under warranty no more problems. I had one headlight also replaced under warranty for the condensation.

I had the same problem with my 04 RX330 and it was the way the transmission oil cooler coil is mounted. It was fixed under TSB #TC002-04. They replace the cooler line and the noise stops and has never come back. This was fixed in Nov of 04. If you are still under warranty they will fix it. If not they should fix it anyway.