Would You Buy A 400h Again?

Would you buy a 400h Again?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. If you could do it over, would you still have bought the 400H?

• Yes, Definitely - Love this car
    • Maybe, Jury is still Out
    • No, Absolutely Not.

To me the 400h has it all. Good mileage (average 26.5 Winter and Summer), great acceleration, quiet, smooth, super low emissions, adequate luxury items (I don't care about an Ipod or XM Radio), works good in snow and ice.

I have been lucky to get one with no problems. I haven't had to take mine in for any fixes since I bought it last August. No noises, no unexpected surges, no brake problems, no battery problems, no automatic wiper problems, etc. For those that have had these problems, I feel for you; but mine has been problem free. (I am knocking on wood right now.)

By the way, I have bought at least 11 new cars, and this is the first one where I didn't have to take it back to the dealer for one or more problems.

Yes . . . but it's my wife's primary car. She'd still rather have the gas guzzlin' under powered, break down prone Range Rover that we unloaded (thank God) just 60 days before the warranty went away.

Curious. What is your wife's reasoning for wanting a Range Rover?

We bought ours in November. After about 1 month the hybrid batteries had to be replaced. Sometimes the milage has been good--mid 20s. On a number of occasions the mileage for no explanation has gone into the mid teens. When this happens I notice the cars drives differently. Less power. Won't start out from a stop with the battery etc. The system has been re-intitialized a few times which has rectified the situation each time--but then it will re-occur. Currently everything seems fine, but I'm worried how these cars are going to be long term.

We bought ours in November. After about 1 month the hybrid batteries had to be replaced. Sometimes the milage has been good--mid 20s. On a number of occasions the mileage for no explanation has gone into the mid teens. When this happens I notice the cars drives differently. Less power. Won't start out from a stop with the battery etc. The system has been re-intitialized a few times which has rectified the situation each time--but then it will re-occur. Currently everything seems fine, but I'm worried how these cars are going to be long term.

Ouch! :chairshot:

Was yours one of the early ones? A 2006 or 2007?

NO WAY should ANYBODY put up with that. Most states have lemon laws, and big ticket things like that are exactly what the lemon laws were meant to cure.

Yes . . . but it's my wife's primary car. She'd still rather have the gas guzzlin' under powered, break down prone Range Rover that we unloaded (thank God) just 60 days before the warranty went away.

Curious. What is your wife's reasoning for wanting a Range Rover?

She like the RR's visability better . . . being 6-5 I don't notice any issue though, myself.

maybe. i had a 2003 MDX and really really liked it. it was a great value and the nav system was second to none. they've since upped the ante with their fully-loaded model, and i'm pretty sure it has about everything the 400h has, 'cept for that really cool tranny and hybrid system.

if acura offered a hybrid MDX, i might go that way. most of my frustration with the 400h stems from a few rattles/buzzes, uncomfortable seats, and maddening nav system/voice control.

We just did... buy a 400h, again.

Our 1999 RX300 with 90k miles started getting to the point of needing repairs. I'm sure it would have lasted another 90k with a reasonable amount of TLC and patience, but I couldn't bear the thought of having my 5 yo daughter in the car and breaking down in a bad part of town. So, we started thinking about what to buy. My wife loves the RX400h and so do I. If the ES was in a hybrid, we'd probably consider it if it had the balance of power and MPG that the 400h does. But, it doesn't exist. So, we bought another 400h. Now we have one black (25k miles) and one silver (25 miles). Absolutely no regrets. Now, when the 600Lh is available and I win the lottery, then maybe I'll regret having just bought another 400h. But something tells me that I'm not going to win the lottery and with the 600Lh costing twice the 400h, I'm considering the 400h a bargain.

• 3 weeks later...