Electrical Problems

Ok here is my story...last night it was raining and lightning very heavy and when i get to my car today...i realize my stereo is playing as well as the clock led part is illuminated. The key wasn't in the ignition, nor was the car on. This is the first time it has ever happened. Does ANYbody know what may be the problem? It happened again today also...so i thought that if i unplugged the negative terminal on the battery for a few minutes it would solve my problem...but when i connected it back on...the stereo and clock led was still illuminated without the car on or anything. Thanks

Ok here is my story...last night it was raining and lightning very heavy and when i get to my car today...i realize my stereo is playing as well as the clock led part is illuminated. The key wasn't in the ignition, nor was the car on. This is the first time it has ever happened. Does ANYbody know what may be the problem? It happened again today also...so i thought that if i unplugged the negative terminal on the battery for a few minutes it would solve my problem...but when i connected it back on...the stereo and clock led was still illuminated without the car on or anything. Thanks

Your ingition switch is toast.

most likely you've got some water leaking into electrical component. you may want to get your car thoroughly checked by a dealer

you may also want to do a quick check to see if somewhere inside the car gets wet. likelyhood of leaking are:

- trunk lid: check the wheel well and CD changer area

- doors: check inside doors by removing the panels, starting from driver's door as there are many electrical stuff inside