Knocking From Front End When Braking

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and I am new to Lexus. I just purchased a 1994 GS300 with 150,000 miles. There are a few things that I'd like to ask of anyone who may know of or has experienced these symptoms. While I'm driving, I feel and hear a knocking noise from the front end. The guy who sold it to me told me it was the control arm bushings that needed replacing, so I said no problem. Aside from the check engine light and TCS light showing OFF and occasionaly activates by itself, I said what the hell the rest of the car is in decent shape for it's age... Now I'm in a muffler shop getting my exhaust fixed, and my friend is asking me to put the car in drive in the air to see where the noise is coming from, it still made the same noise and we still can't figure it out :( . I'm thinking it's tranny or engine mount failure or faulty brakes and suspension parts. Has anyone encountered this before.