Advanced Radio Options

I was reading about this on another lexus site, anyone every try this out?

"This is only for the Pioneer headunit and you have to push the 1 and 6 at the same time now holding these two buttons down, you push CD three or four times until the P-190 screen comes up let go of all the buttons and then hold the AM button down for 4 seconds then the Audio screen will come up and you push the tape to get to the F, R, and L settings and the FM to Get to the P1, P2 and W setting you must go to the Audio screen and then turn off the car for the settings to work, put F and R on 5 to 7, 7 for more bass and then P1 to 3 and you will notice a BIG difference. You adjust the number by the up down controll on the side."

• 4 weeks later...

"This is only for the Pioneer headunit and you have to push the 1 and 6 at the same time now holding these two buttons down, you push CD three or four times until the P-190 screen comes up let go of all the buttons and then hold the AM button down for 4 seconds then the Audio screen will come up and you push the tape to get to the F, R, and L settings and the FM to Get to the P1, P2 and W setting you must go to the Audio screen and then turn off the car for the settings to work, put F and R on 5 to 7, 7 for more bass and then P1 to 3 and you will notice a BIG difference. You adjust the number by the up down controll on the side."

This works on my 98 gs pioneer stereo, Make sure the ASL is on first. To get into the settings you need to press the CD button3 times while pressing buttons 1 and 6, Once the diagnostics auto test completes press and hold the AM button for 5 seconds until it beeps, The display will now show "AUDIO", The tape button toggles through F, R, and W for front , rear and woofer. The up/down button can set these from 0 to -80 dbs. The FM button toggles between P1, P2 and L, Where P1 and P2 are equalizer frequency settings and L is the overall level from 0 to -20 dbs. If you screw it up just disconnect the neg. battery cable and it will reset. Have fun..........

This won't work for some reason on an '03 GS3. I've followed exactly but when I get to the P-190 screen and depress AM and hold...nothing. Other later model GS3 owners report the same. Is there another way to get to Audio for us?

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i also have an '03 gs300 and don't have the advanced settings, guess its only for the earlier models. it has a built eq anyway when you hit the tuning knob, i'm guessing those older models don't have that capability normally

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 1997 ES300, got to the P-190 screen but no further. My CD player stopped working about a year ago. Would that effect the Advanced Settings? With your stereo knowledge, any tips on getting the CD going without replacing it? Thanks for any help.

• 5 months later...

I have a 1997 ES300, got to the P-190 screen but no further. My CD player stopped working about a year ago. Would that effect the Advanced Settings? With your stereo knowledge, any tips on getting the CD going without replacing it? Thanks for any help.

get an ipod