Which Es Was Best?

Personally, I like the look of the older ES generations the best. And far more than the newest generation, the ES350. To me, the ES, IS, GS, and LS all look too much the same now with Lexus' "L-Finesse" styling cues. As for headroom, I haven't sat in one myself, but I saw a recent tv car show review of the ES350 and the driver was complaining about the lack of headroom wild.gif and he looked to be barely 6' tall !

For looks, style... definately 2000 and prior. Not sure about the reliablility and such for anything after 2001. I have owned two different 1994 models, and currently a 2000 model. So I may be partial to them! But I must say that I was very surprised to see how little changes there were made in upgrading from a 94 to a 2000. There were actually several interior features that I miss from my 94s that were lacking on my 2000.

For looks, style... definately 2000 and prior. Not sure about the reliablility and such for anything after 2001. I have owned two different 1994 models, and currently a 2000 model. So I may be partial to them! But I must say that I was very surprised to see how little changes there were made in upgrading from a 94 to a 2000. There were actually several interior features that I miss from my 94s that were lacking on my 2000.

I totally agree. I test drove a 1999 ES a while ago and was surprised and disappointed to see that some features of the earlier models had been removed, like the projector headlights and one of the moon roof features. In my '93 model, there are two options for opening the moon roof, either sliding it open or tilting it open. In the '99 model, tilting was no longer an option. As for the rest of the car, there appeared to be very little change. On one hand I like that b/c it keeps the older models seeming more current, but on the other hand, I'd be paying considerably more to step up to the newer model but would still feel like I'm driving essentially the same car, albeit with fewer miles on it.

For ride and drive and exterior styling the ES350 is the best hands down, for interior styling, comfort, quality, and room the 02-06. The pre-02 ES never interested me, too small and Camry-esque.

The pre-02 ES never interested me, too small and Camry-esque.

That's interesting. To my eye, the ES350 looks every bit as "Camry-esque" as previous generations. Or I should say, the Camry looks very ES350-like since it has been redesigned and indirectly affected by the L-Finesse factor. Not necessarily a bad thing for the Camry to look more like a new Lexus, but still, IMHO, the two cars are very similar in appearance, just in a more refined way.

I don't know... but my wife's 95 ES has grown on me so much I'm looking at a used RX300 today, which I understand is basically the same underpinnings as the ES. I love our ES, but I have to drive it tilted to the side or with the seat back becasue my head touches. I'm hoping the RX has more headroom... we'll see.

Specifically some of the interior features that I missed were the odometer buttons that are lacking on the 2000, and the simple button for windshield washing.

To answer your question...shockingly, they drove virtually the same. (the 94 and the 2000)

The '02-'06 ES never got my attention as it is too boat-like design-wise, but I have to admit the interior is immaculate with the fit and finish. Overall, I have always liked the 2000-2001 ES300 generation. Sporty looking, very refined, great mileage, and interior is nowhere in comparison with that of the Camry.

I have ridden in a new ES. I like mine as much or more.

I have more wood and leather and less plastic. Or, does it just look like plastic?

rosie

Which model do you mean as "new" the 07? I hate the 07s interior, huge step down from the 02-06.