Adapter Tray For Center Console Box

My new RX 350 has a removable tray in the center console box. The manual refers to this as an "Adapter Tray".

Yeah, it converts a single larger compartment into smaller ones but I was wondering if anyone knows what it was specifically designed for?

Thanks,

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

My new RX 350 has a removable tray in the center console box. The manual refers to this as an "Adapter Tray".

Yeah, it converts a single larger compartment into smaller ones but I was wondering if anyone knows what it was specifically designed for?

Thanks,

Dave

I've seen pictures of this before. In the pictures they had a box of kleenex in the lower compartment and other junk (cell/etc) in the top compartment. I'd imagine that gives you a little extra space.

Thanks,

Dave

I've seen pictures of this before. In the pictures they had a box of kleenex in the lower compartment and other junk (cell/etc) in the top compartment. I'd imagine that gives you a little extra space.

You may be thinking of the $79 console seperator sold by L-tunedparts.com This is not the one I am asking about. I am attahcing the link to l-tuned & a picture...

Link to Console Seperator by L-Tuned Parts

1_1_.bmp

I am talking about the stock box. It has a coin holder and in front of that a compartment that is divided in two with a slightly diagonal divider that only goes half as deep as the compartment. There is also a small ledge with a lip sort of like a business card holder.

I'll take a picture and post it when I get a chance.

Thanks,

Dave

I am talking about the stock box. It has a coin holder and in front of that a compartment that is divided in two with a slightly diagonal divider that only goes half as deep as the compartment. There is also a small ledge with a lip sort of like a business card holder.

Thanks,

Dave

Not sure what the other compartments are but the coin holder sounds good. My wife wants something to hold her coins, so far been sticking it in a small styrofome cup. Any pictures yet?

Thanks,

Dave

Not sure what the other compartments are but the coin holder sounds good. My wife wants something to hold her coins, so far been sticking it in a small styrofome cup. Any pictures yet?

Your RX 350 didn't come with a stock coin holder?

I'll try to get pics this weekend.

Dave

I am attaching a picture of the Adapter Box with out the coin holder.

The coin holder clips on the edge of the adapter tray. You can see in the picture on the right side there is a U shaped cut in the box. That is where my coin holder is.

This is from the 2007 RX 350 Owner's Manual page 243.

Dave

post-38630-1175872207_thumb.jpg

Pictures of my adapter tray and coin holder.

These items came installed from the dealer. I think they are stock on the 07 350. I did not see them listed on the Premium Plus package.

You can also see the different ledges and diagonal divider in the adapter tray. This is what my original post was asking about. Why these shapes and sizes? Just getting fancy or is there some reason? Some specific function?

Dave

post-38630-1176305147_thumb.jpg post-38630-1176305180_thumb.jpg post-38630-1176305205_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

I realize this is a very old forum thread but does anyone have or know where i can get the coin holder part for the adapter tray? I have the center console tray but I am missing the clip on coin attachment and I'd like to have that. I looked on eBay and missed out on one recently that was already sold. I found the part that is the actual coin holder, but it's missing the piece it slides onto which then hooks onto the adapter tray. Anyone selling the part I need or knows where I can find it, your help would be greatly appreciated. I need this piece that Dave shows in his post above: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/uploads/post-38630-1176305180.jpg - thanks all!

No, it looks like this and clips to the side of the removable center console insert and then the coin holder clips onto this part. I found out it's part number 58823-OE010 but I can't find any pictures of it in any online searches. Someone who has this in their vehicle emailed me the pix. Apparently the insert thing for the center console is 3 pieces: the main insert box, this piece that attaches to that and then the coin holder attachment that attaches to this piece I am missing. I need only this piece shown, I have the other 2 pieces. Thanks for the reply! :)

post-157541-0-28927000-1407089809_thumb.

post-157541-0-25730400-1407090082_thumb.

• 4 years later...
On 4/11/2007 at 9:30 AM, RC_Av8r said:

Pictures of my adapter tray and coin holder.

These items came installed from the dealer. I think they are stock on the 07 350. I did not see them listed on the Premium Plus package.

You can also see the different ledges and diagonal divider in the adapter tray. This is what my original post was asking about. Why these shapes and sizes? Just getting fancy or is there some reason? Some specific function?

Dave

post-38630-1176305147_thumb.jpg post-38630-1176305180_thumb.jpg post-38630-1176305205_thumb.jpg

hi Dave ... did you ever figure out what the compartment was for? ("a compartment that is divided in two with a slightly diagonal divider that only goes half as deep as the compartment. There is also a small ledge with a lip sort of like a business card holder") ... I'm curious about a little piece of metal down along the side of the compartment, near the bottom ... i'm VERY curious about what that could be ... anyone?!  ~thanks, Carie