Water In Headlamps,, Dealer Says They Have To Repair,not Replace?

brenjmull

I just got a 2004 rx330,,, I had a rx300,, I never had leaking headlamps, or a rattling dash,, I am not pleased with this 2004. I already had it is for the rattles and now it is worse than before I took it in,, I only had the car 2 weeks,a fter the last big rain I see moisture in both headlights.. I call the lexus dealer and he says I need to get it in before I hit 50000 miles for it to be covered under warranty,, I am at 49000,,, the moisture is mostly dried up now,, it has been a week, they tell me that they have to see the moisture in there for themselves for them to put in a claim,, they said thay have to take pictures to send to lexus and because it is one that was made in Japan they wont replace the whole assemble,, they have to see where it is leaking and order parts to repair them,, I dont think this is accpectable,, how are they really going to see where the leak is? If this is a common problem,, which by reading I see that it is,, I think they should replace the whole thing. Has anyone else had a japan made rx330 and had to go this route?? what other problems can I expect down the road? I thought I was upgrading,,now I am not so sure..

Find the leak and silicone to seal it, my gs300 headlights fogged up all too often, i removed them used soapy water and some air pressure to find the leaks then i just used some silicone along the seals, my guess is the dealer will do something simular, but as dreadlord said, just break out the garden hose and take a trip to the dealer.

dont go through the hassel of trying to fix it yourself. I also have a 2004 rx330 from japan. YOu may have seen my thread about headlight moisture. My dealer changed it for me without any questions asked.

I suggest go to a different dealer if its convenient.

thanks, I will let him know I want them changed out,, I also now have a clunk sound whenever I let off the gas,anyone have this? my dh thinks it is a univeral joint or something like that?? My dash rattle is worse after I had them work on it,, I wish they never touched the dash now..

• 4 years later...

I just got a 2004 rx330,,, I had a rx300,, I never had leaking headlamps, or a rattling dash,, I am not pleased with this 2004. I already had it is for the rattles and now it is worse than before I took it in,, I only had the car 2 weeks,a fter the last big rain I see moisture in both headlights.. I call the lexus dealer and he says I need to get it in before I hit 50000 miles for it to be covered under warranty,, I am at 49000,,, the moisture is mostly dried up now,, it has been a week, they tell me that they have to see the moisture in there for themselves for them to put in a claim,, they said thay have to take pictures to send to lexus and because it is one that was made in Japan they wont replace the whole assemble,, they have to see where it is leaking and order parts to repair them,, I dont think this is accpectable,, how are they really going to see where the leak is? If this is a common problem,, which by reading I see that it is,, I think they should replace the whole thing. Has anyone else had a japan made rx330 and had to go this route?? what other problems can I expect down the road? I thought I was upgrading,,now I am not so sure..

Out of warranty and had the same problem with bulb went out however I managed to have Lexus replaced both headlight at no cost ($3,650.00)!. I bought the very expensive bulb $165.00 at a dealer but still it didn't work so I went further and found out water made it inside the "Ballast" and damaged it. The Culprit is a bad rubber seal on the Ballast chamber and bad location of the ballast which was very susceptible to water splashing during heavy rain and pool of water on streets conditions.post-130353-0-42677000-1307213519_thumb.