O/d Light Flashing & Unconsistent Throttle Response

today i replaced my tps with the hope of getting rid of the my unconsistent throttle response, O/D light coming on and stupid TRAC light staying on after a while of driving. I think it has cured the TRAC problem but O/D still comes on and i still have unconsistent throttle response. Im going to be replacing the charcoal cannister i hope that will get rid of O/D light but does anyone know if all ls400s have this crappy throttle control problem and if not how do you fix it?

My O/D & TRAC light did the same thing once before. I talked to a Lexus tech and he had me check the brake fluid level. Low and behold it was low. I top off the brake fluid and the lights went out. He said that was the way to get people in the dealer and charge the hell out of them. See if that works and let me know...

Bryan

thanks shelly ill try that!

the problem with my throttle is its very unconsistant, if i step on it all the power is there one time then the next its totally different. it seems like it just lugs allong allot i feel i could get out and run faster i think a V8 should have a lil more power than that.

i also noticed it takes a long time to get moving and when it finally does i feel a jerk maybe i should check ATF?

my O/D comes on after i drive a while and it keeps blinking its very annoying i have replaced my fuel tank cap and soon my charcoal cannister in an attempt to stop this problem, what next oxygen sensors?

thanks shelly ill try that!

the problem with my throttle is its very unconsistant, if i step on it all the power is there one time then the next its totally different. it seems like it just lugs allong allot i feel i could get out and run faster i think a V8 should have a lil more power than that.

i also noticed it takes a long time to get moving and when it finally does i feel a jerk maybe i should check ATF?

my O/D comes on after i drive a while and it keeps blinking its very annoying i have replaced my fuel tank cap and soon my charcoal cannister in an attempt to stop this problem, what next oxygen sensors?

Generally, when a dash light blinks as you're describing it's actually a diagnostics code. The number of times it blinks and the pauses inbetween each blinking sequence will tell a mechanic( who knows what he's doing) what's going on.

actually scott your probably right i flipped through my bills and it was july 10 i had it in at the dealer, maybe its time to take it back in again.

i still havent tried what shelly said with the brake fluid i have taken appart my tranny and finnished installing the charcoal cannister.

trannys back together cannister is in, trac light is gone but i still have the jerky feel on take off, it revs then launches. im thinking the o/d light is a resault of a bad cat, they smell way to hot and could be causing a o2 sensor to trip. the o/d light comes in 2.5 second intervols.

Not sure if this is related or not but my 91 LS 400 started flashing the O/D light and had the same throttle problem you descibed. After checking the transmission code, the answer was to replace the Shift Solenoid in the transmission. Cost was $129.

Jerry