1998 Es300 High Mounted Brake Light

Need to replace my bulb, what's the trick to removing the subwoofer cover that houses the brake light? My Haynes Camry manual shows tabs accesable through the trunk that release the cover. No such thing with my vehicle!

Thanks,

buckyes300

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't know about a 98. On a 93 there are two clips that hold the front of the subwoofer cover down. Access is from the trunk. Use pliers to compress them and push up. the cover hinges from the rear (Glass holds rear down). You can then have access to the bulbs from the back seat.

Be careful to use an exact replacement. The warning light will stay on otherwise.

Good luck

i have a 97 and have done this many times

get on the back seat, look at the top housing, get a screwdriver or use your bare hands - pull up at the front and it should slide right out, then at the back will be a wire and a clip holding the harness down to the bulb assembly, then unclip it...now u have the subwoofer cover in your hands. turn socket counter clockwise and pull, then change bulb, now do reverse of what i just typed