New Member Question

Pearl400

Greetings,

What an interesting and informative site! I recently registered for membership in the Lexus Owners Club and really look forward to sharing experiences of Lexus ownership with other club members.

I recently became the owner of a 1993 SC400 and find the automobile a pleasure to drive. There is, however, one annoying part of the experience that I am asking for your advice on correcting. The green film that covers the left turn signal indicator bulb on the instrument panel is missing. When the signal is in operation, the white light flashing is quite distracting especially at nighttime. The right turn indicator film is in place.

My question concerns the difficulty I might encounter in removing the instrument panel and reattaching the film. Do you have any advice or instructions for completing this procedure or, alternatively, any precautions I should take into consideration?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

No problems. Just pull out the panel from the dash, and take it apart. It's really simple and very easy to do. Just try to avoid yanking any cables while removing it.

Thanks a million for the advice and illustrative instructions on removing the instrument panel. Your guidance should prove to be invaluable to me. As soon as I get some spare time to undertake the project, I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks again.