Dwi Hit And Almost Ran Away...

cenwesi

Well guys, i was hit by a drunk driver yesterday. This is how the story goes...coming to a stop at an intersection the fool came speeding into my lane and hit me and the wifey. Then he put the car into reverse and came at me again in attempt to mount my car before speeding away...but he didn't get too far... He attempted to flee the scene with his boys but the impact of the head on collision was so great that he drove into the woods approximately .5 miles away. His boys ran off but he couldn't get too far before the cops found him crawling in the bushes. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for him he got arrested and jailed. The wife and I are fine for now but she is complaining about neck/head pain. My neck is stiff and still hard to say although i was taken by the ambulance to the ER. Anyways here are some pictures and do you guys think the frame is damaged and better yet where is a good place in MD (college park) area that can take care of this quickly.

img1612le4.jpg

img1613gw5.jpg

img1614pt9.jpg

img1615nj9.jpg

img1616ww8.jpg

img1617ag7.jpg

img1618lx2.jpg

img1619iz6.jpg

IMO: I do not think the frame is damaged and neither is the hood. Although you will need a new bumper and probably a fender.

My suggestion would be to contact your local Lexus dealer and ask them to recommend you a body shop they use, or you can call any other major dealership around your area and ask them.

But what a story about your unfortunate accident. Approximately how old where the boys that hit you? Also, how long is that douche in jail, hope is more than few months and gets rear ended in the five star hotel :angry: ?

IMO: I do not think the frame is damaged and neither is the hood. Although you will need a new bumper and probably a fender.

My suggestion would be to contact your local Lexus dealer and ask them to recommend you a body shop they use, or you can call any other major dealership around your area and ask them.

But what a story about your unfortunate accident. Approximately how old where the boys that hit you? Also, how long is that douche in jail, hope is more than few months and gets rear ended in the five star hotel :angry: ?

Thanks, the guy is about 28-35yrs old. I don't think he will be getting out of jail anytime soon. I just hope he has insurance and from the looks of things he might.

Color me tickled pink if the repair doesn't cost $5,000 at a shop. Looks like they'll try to sell you a new fender, hood, bumper cover and bumper support, headlight, radiator support, headlight cage possibly, and repaint.

Anyway, I'm sorry that this happened to you. I hate drunk drivers.

"and gets rear ended in the five star hotel"

That's a terrible thing to say. Please don't get *BLEEP*ed off at me saying. Just my opinion.

That's a terrible thing to say. Please don't get *BLEEP*ed off at me saying. Just my opinion.

Personally I think it's quite mild considering the conduct of the loser who hit them and then ran off without caring if anyone was injured.

Tom

Did the airbags deploy? Hope you 2 are okay.

I certainly hope you and the wifey are alright. As far as the punk that hit you I hope they throw the book at him and his boys, In fact He should be lost in the system. Boy, I can't take looking at a lex smashed up. I wish you all the best in recovery and repairs.

Then he put the car into reverse and came at me again in attempt to mount my car before speeding away...but he didn't get too far...

Wait a minute; he tried to hit you again!? Wouldn't that be considered an attempted murder?

WTH :blink:

Yes it is and I said so because as stated: he drove back to hit him again!

What would you do if someone intentionally hit not only you but your family members (injuring and scaring them for rest of their life, like in this situation) and then ran off.....would you just forget about it and forgive the guy?

Please do not take my response as me getting bleeped off, because I am not. :)

the guy is about 28-35yrs old. I don't think he will be getting out of jail anytime soon. I just hope he has insurance and from the looks of things he might.

Wow, hope you have it fixed up soon.

Unfortunately, if that had occurred here, the guy would very likely be back on the street within hours of being caught.

It drives the cops here nuts that criminals are no sooner arrested than they are out again, often repeating the same crimes over and over again. Our courts system here is messed up, IMHO. There is no justice for the victims of crime in this country - ok, end of rant.

the guy is about 28-35yrs old. I don't think he will be getting out of jail anytime soon. I just hope he has insurance and from the looks of things he might.

Wow, hope you have it fixed up soon.

Unfortunately, if that had occurred here, the guy would very likely be back on the street within hours of being caught.

It drives the cops here nuts that criminals are no sooner arrested than they are out again, often repeating the same crimes over and over again. Our courts system here is messed up, IMHO. There is no justice for the victims of crime in this country - ok, end of rant.

Agreed.