Rear Air Vents...

SW03ES

We just got back from out of town, and we had a rear passenger with us this time, and he commented that there wasn't a lot of air coming out of the rear vents when they're opened all the way. I felt back there and he's right, its nothing compared to the vents in the front, I hadn't noticed this before.

Is everyone else's air this weak, or is there an obstruction or something in mine?

I have noticed this, too.

It does blow hard out the back when the blower is on full or 3/4. When on the first one or two settings, not much out the back.

I also noticed that this changes with the setting of the direction of the blowers up front (feet and face, just face, just feet, def and feet, etc.)

I did notice that last winter the heat comes out better than the cold air. Funny, cause I thought it was all the same air.

Do what I do, if they complain.....tell them to walk.

steviej

Yes, the airflow thru the back vents has a lower air velocity. This was designed this way since the front vents supply most of the cooling/heating of the car. Think of it this way: All the rear vents have to do is add a slight boost for the rear passengers. It balances out the air flow within the cabin. If you feel you want more airflow to these back vents, just close some of the front vents and manually put the fan speed on high. ;)